• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY] CWMT-6.0.3.6 for JB MD6/MI2

It seems you have flashed the recovery anyway. That is fine. You now have the latest recovery. Just select yes and reboot.

That's weird because the only thing I flashed was MiRaGe_icon_kernel_95_09082013.zip -- the other one was sitting next to it in the same directory, but that shouldn't matter... should it?

Thanks.

Reactions: aiwass13
Upvote 0
Let's clear things up:

Latest recovery works for BOTH Old Reverbs and New JBOOB Reverbs.
If you ARE already Rooted, New Recovery is NOT required, but you can FLASH if you desire the update.
Latest MiRaGe Kernel drastically improves your Reverbs Performance(Root JB ONLY)

In short:
-FLASH Latest CWM Recovery if you're not rooted yet.
-FLASH Latest MiRaGe Kernel if you're Rooted JB
-Pay Homage to mrg666

Reactions: mrg666
Upvote 0
Hey, I'm new posting here, but I've been following along. I just got the update, and unfortunately lost CWR. I still have root, but I can't figure out how to flash the recovery again. Do I need to use Odin again? Preferably, I'd like to do this all from my phone, since I have a mac, and I had to do a lot of fancy footwork to root my phone in the first place.
Recap, I have the new update (MD12), and I want the custom recovery so I can flash the new MiRaGe kernel. I also still have root.
Any tips?

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm new posting here, but I've been following along. I just got the update, and unfortunately lost CWR. I still have root, but I can't figure out how to flash the recovery again. Do I need to use Odin again? Preferably, I'd like to do this all from my phone, since I have a mac, and I had to do a lot of fancy footwork to root my phone in the first place.
Recap, I have the new update (MD12), and I want the custom recovery so I can flash the new MiRaGe kernel. I also still have root.
Any tips?

No longer have the reverb but believe you will need to use Odin or heimdall to push the recovery.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Any help would be cool. Here's my issue lately:

Flashed CWM 6.0.3.6 with Odin on MI2 update. It installs, fixes root, but after a reboot or two I'm back to stock recovery again, like the OOTB folks with CWM. I was going to flash Mirage kernel again and discovered stock back where CWM used to be. Any ideas why it keeps reverting back on me and how I can stop it? My phone is not one of the OOTB JB Reverbs, it came stock with ICS just under a year ago when it first came out. Let me know what you need me to provide info-wise and I will do my best to provide it. I've tried flashing CWM twice now and it's reverted back both times now.

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of that turned it into the OOTB JB phone is that through trying to bring my phone back to stock at some point I had to actually re-flash it through Kies which I seem to remember put it to a stock JB rom. Other than that, I don't know.

I used Kies to get my phone back to stock JB and my cwm is accounted for, originally the phone came with ICS, so I think I have the same batch phone as you and Sox.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I think I figured out my cwm problem. I reflashed it, and as long as I reboot into recovery by power+vol up I'm fine, I was using Rom Manager to reboot to recovery and that's when it was reverting to stock recovery for some reason. I was not telling Rom manager to flash recovery or anything, just reboot to recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones