• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recovery data -

Horizon

Lurker
Oct 7, 2019
Hello,

I use the beautiful application "adb " very powerful to uninstall unwanted app like google and Samsung
clip_image001.png
. But I use it too much. I uninstall all google application. And now my phone is unable to boot. only in the recovery menu.
So questions are:

• How can I recover my data, if now I can't detect any more my device with adb ? There is another solution ? Another hand Samsung keys seems to detect my phone but I can't recover with it.
  • Do you think I can recover my phone with reinstall uninstalled package, and do you have link to learn what package is indispensable ?
  • The recovery boot proposes to reinitialize my phone, but specify we need a google account. can the recovery be done while I uninstall all google packages ? If I reinitialize my phone can I hope recover some data with tool like photorec ?
To doesn't start again :
  • Why some package is protected (Failure [DELETE_FAILED_DEVICE_POLICY_MANAGER]), if other package can be deleted with consequence for the system ?

Is the phone rooted (or running a custom recovery)? ADB should not allow you to remove system apps without having being granted root privileges, so I am a bit surprised if you've managed to screw up an unrooted phone this way. Can you tell us what you did exactly?

If you can only get into recovery, and it is the manufacturer's recovery (not replaced by a custom version) then no, you cannot recover your data. What happens next really depends on what the damage is: if the problem is that data on the phone are screwed-up and the phone can't reboot then clearing all data (a factory reset, which you can do from recovery) will get it booting again, but that will permanently delete anything that isn't backed up. You could try just clearing cache from recovery - that's an extremely long shot, but just wastes a minute and if by some chance it were to work it would save all of your data.

If however the problem is that you've damaged the system software to the point where it won't boot, then you'll need to download a fresh set of firmware and reflash the phone completely (replacing any Google and Samsung apps you removed in the process). The good news is that if you know your full model number you can find almost all Samsung firmware at sammobile.com. What I can't tell you is whether the data on your phone will survive this: with most manufacturers a reflash like this will wipe the phone.

Specifying a google account after a reset sounds like factory reset protection (an anti-theft measure). So you'd need to enter the Google account you were using on the phone before the reset. Have you already reset it then? As said above, a reset will fix a data problem but it won't restore any apps you've removed, so if that is the cause it won't help (and you'll have to reflash).

Forget about recovering data. Although that phone is old enough that the internal storage won't have been encrypted (unless you chose to do that), data recovery software won't work over an MTP connection anyway.

As for your final question, the real question is why did it allow you to remove something vital? Only Samsung could answer that (unless you used root privileges to do this, in which case the answer is that they didn't protect against someone hacking the phone to gain root and then using that to delete stuff because they don't support you in doing such things in the first place).

Upvote 0
Is the phone rooted (or running a custom recovery)? ADB should not allow you to remove system apps without having being granted root privileges, so I am a bit surprised if you've managed to screw up an unrooted phone this way. Can you tell us what you did exactly?

It lets you uninstall(like a disable) apps for the userspace even system apps on a non-rooted phone with the command I posted. Done it many times myself. Doing this to the wrong system app puts you in a bootloop. However, there's a safety feature for this. A simple factory reset restores the apps and ends the bootloop.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
  1. Were you rooted?
  2. Which recovery, stock or twrp?
  3. Did you use this command for uninstalling apps? "shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME"
It seems like you may have gone to the point of no return based on your description.

1 ->I don't know what you mean
2 -> the manufactory recovery
3 -> yes I used it

- My phone isn't rooted
- I uninstall all this packages (not all in the same time, I do it little by little) :

Samsung lcation SDK: com.sec.location.nsflp2
Samsung account : com.osp.app.signin
Google ont Time Init : com.google.android.exte.shared ==> FAILED NOT INSTALLED
withTV: com.samsung.android.app.withtv
SmartThings : com.samsung.android.easysetup
Email: com.samsung.android.email.provider
Galaxy Store : com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
Samsung lcation SDK: com.sec.location.nsflp2
Samsung account : com.osp.app.signin
Google ont Time Init : com.google.android.exte.shared ==> FAILED NOT INSTALLED
withTV: com.samsung.android.app.withtv
SmartThings : com.samsung.android.easysetup
Email: com.samsung.android.email.provider
Galaxy Store : com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
com.sec.android.deamonapp
Workspace :com.samsung.android.knox.containeragent
Samsung Experience Service : com.samsung.android.mobileservice
Maps : com.google.android.apps.maps
Service Google play : com.google.android.gms ==> Failure [DELETE_FAILED_DEVICE_POLICY_MANAGER]
Farmework des services googles : com.google.android.gsf
Samsung push service : com.sec.spp.push
Market Feedback Agent : com.google.android.feedback
Print Service Recommendation Service : com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
Samsung Internet : com.sec.android.app.sbrowser
Health Service : com.sec.android.service.health
SmartThings : com.samsung.android.beaconmanager
com.google.android.sambadocumentsprovider
com.google.android.configupdater
com.google.android.setupwizard
com.google.android.webview
com.google.android.packageinstaller
com.google.android.gms : Failure [DELETE_FAILED_DEVICE_POLICY_MANAGER]
com.samsung.android.knox.containeragent
com.samsung.android.mobileservice
com.google.android.apps.maps

I didn't try to rest the phone.

It lets you uninstall(like a disable) apps for the userspace even system apps on a non-rooted phone with the command I posted. Done it many times myself. Doing this to the wrong system app puts you in a bootloop. However, there's a safety feature for this. A simple factory reset restores the apps and ends the bootloop.

So I will try the factory rest.
Do you have some information to learn to how works factory reset ?

Thanks for all your answer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones