1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Recovery Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drewlaqua, Nov 10, 2010.

1. drewlaqua

drewlaqua New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I am in need of a lot of help. I was messing around with clockwordmod recovery and did something I shouldn't have. I am not deodexed, but I heard that you could apply some of the rom modifications without any problems. So I did one, and it was ok. I decided to try a different one and thats when I ran into a problem. My phone is stuck at the M logo now and I am not sure how to fix it. I could have sworn that i made a recovery before I installed the .zip but when i went in to try to recover it said there was nothing there. My one savior is that I have the SBF file I need, but I am on a mac so I can not use at the moment and would like to avoid this at all costs. Does anyone have any suggestions for me or will I need to SBF?

Also, i have not let it sit at the M logo for an extremely long period of time, is it possible that it will pull around and start to load properly or is there definitely a problem?

Any help would be awesome. Thank you. I am an idiot.

Advertisement

2. drewlaqua

drewlaqua New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    So I decided to just go ahead and do the SBF but now I am running into another problem. When I plug my phone into RSD Lite, nothing happens, it doesn't show up. I loaded into the regular system recovery and into the clockwork mod recovery but neither of them get the phone to be recognized by the computer. I also have the correct drivers installed.

Any ideas?

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
  4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    I imagine you probably have this sorted by now but if not look HERE.

GMB

5. andyjwang

andyjwang New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Yes, I got stuck on the Moto logo. None of the keys will work including power button.
    Had to pull out the battery. Then reboot while holding down the x key and the power button.

But it went into the recovery console of Rom Manager (ClockWorkMod). I was able to restore a backup ROM which brought me back to a working Droid.

I am not sure why the update of update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-SHOLES-CDMA-KANG-signed as well as update-cm-7.1.0-Droid-winner00-signed.zip both failed,
    stuck on Moto logo. Pretty scary though.

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    which droid phone are you talking about?

Droid? Droid2? Droid3?

the X doesnt have an "X" key

7. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    The original Droid (A855), according to another post in the HTC Desire section. ;)

8. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    yea i saw that... after the fact lol