• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root recovery installing problem - urgent

aviranx

Oct 20, 2012
i have galaxy mini gt5570
and i was told to install CWM recovery,
i followed the instructions, using odinv4.38
this what odin writes in messages:
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> --- cannot open the usb serial port. code: 5
the last line means that...?
im afraid disconnecting my phone will demage it :\
help, please!

It looks like your attempt to flash CWM did nothing.

If you didn't root yourself, superuser means nothing. Install this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5qb2V5a3JpbS5yb290Y2hlY2siXQ..

so i turned off my phone, and no demage seems to appear,
you dont know how you helped me!

all this started beacouse i wanted ROM with android 4+
and for this ROM i was told to install CWM
i want CM ROM to my phone with 4+
if there is no CM ROM to my phone,
i will be glad to get your opinion which ROM android 4+ to use...
i checked, and i do have rooted device

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I don't use that phone, so I have no idea what ROM to use. I also avoid giving people the gun to shoot themselves (encouraging hacking without knowledge to back it up), so I'm not going to suggest anything.

What I will do is suggest you read, read, and read some more about what you want to do. Here is a link to the XDA tutorials for your specific device. It also includes how to un-brick your device. Read this, and if/when you're comfortable flashing a ROM, you have the resources to do it.

Reactions: aviranx
Upvote 0
Sorry, but I don't use that phone, so I have no idea what ROM to use. I also avoid giving people the gun to shoot themselves (encouraging hacking without knowledge to back it up), so I'm not going to suggest anything.

What I will do is suggest you read, read, and read some more about what you want to do. Here is a link to the XDA tutorials for your specific device. It also includes how to un-brick your device. Read this, and if/when you're comfortable flashing a ROM, you have the resources to do it.

thank you very much, you was very helpful :)
one more thing, what is it unbrick?

Upvote 0
thank you very much, you was very helpful :)
one more thing, what is it unbrick?

Not a problem, it's my pleasure.

A 'brick' is when your phone becomes worthless and won't boot up. Basically, a paper weight. Being able to reverse that problem is called unbricking. Always good to know how to fix things before they break.

Reactions: aviranx
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones