1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recovery instead of getting stuck?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ronald J, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Ronald J

Ronald J Lurker

My phone is

Nokia 2.3
    Model TA-1206
    FCC ID: 2AJOTTA-1206
    Android 11

If I start the phone normally, I get the normal user interface.

If I press volume up and power for a few seconds, I get a dead robot with a red triangle and "No command".

If I press volume down and power for a few seconds, I get a grey screen that says "FASTBOOT mode..." at the bottom left of the screen.

How can I access the recovery options or boot menu or hard reset?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The dead robot with the red triangle sounds like recovery mode. When you have that on the screen try pressing power and volume up at the same time.

Some phones do the sensible thing and just present you with the recovery menu, but others make you do a silly extra step like this to get it (I used to use HTC phones, and they did this for some reason).

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Ronald J

Ronald J Lurker

Thanks, but if I get to the dead robot screen (or the fastboot screen) and then press power and volume up (or volume down) simultaneously, at first nothing happens and after a few seconds the phone gets switched off. Also, pressing only the volume button doesn't do anything.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Dannydet, Hadron and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Ronald J

Ronald J Lurker

The tutorial has received a rating of just 1.3 and following it would require disabling virus protection on computer so I'm not going to try it out.

Thanks anyway.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hardresetinfo is a legit site. i have used it many times here........but that is your call.

7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Well you'll still need to do what gets explained on that site (sequence of steps using the indicated buttons) in order to get into your phone's Recovery. Whether you do or don't actually connect your phone to a PC to use that indicated utility isn't a requirement. Your posted query referred to Recovery Mode for your particular phone, focus on that instead.

ocnbrze likes this.

Nokia 2.3 Forum

The Nokia 2.3 release date is 19 December. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Helio A22 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

19 December
Release Date
Reviews