1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Recovery Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shane37664, May 23, 2016.

1. Shane37664

Shane37664 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2013
    Male
    Market America Distributor/Website Sales
    N/E Tennessee
    ok, so ive discovered that my HTC Desire 510 is now in a state of crashing and boot looping. it will crash, hard reset, boot, and after about a minute, it will crash and repeat... when i try to load the recovery (not rooted, stock ROM and Recovery), i am met with the red triangle with an exclamation mark, and nothing. it will just sit on that screen forever. i tried running a manual hard reset through the bootloader, but no results. attempted to unlock the bootloader, no results. cmd will state that process has been completed, but once it loads to recovery, again, it doesnt work, and the bootloader still shows locked. i cant install and flash a custom recovery, because of the unlocking issue with the bootloader...... please help!!

Advertisement

blaqueknight likes this.
  2. blaqueknight

blaqueknight Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Male
    Cyber Forensics & Information Security Student
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hello Shane37664. Sorry for the late reply. I don't know exactly why you are crashing and boot looping, but I suggest you reinstall the RUU for your phone from http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html. If you see the red triangle with the exclamation mark, just hold the Up volume button, while holding it tap the Power button and it should take you into the stock recovery.

After you install that RUU, I'd like to help you with unlocking the boot loader. I'd like to know the exact steps that you take to unlock it and where you run into trouble. Peace