• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery Mode Boot Problem

Fairportfan

Lurker
Jun 13, 2012
Phone is an LGL45C. I rooted it - works fine, apps that require root work fine.

But i can't get the blinkin' thing to boot to Recovery Mode.

I've tried the Volume/Home/Power three-finger salute - it shows the LG logo, then the Tracfone splash and then goes straight into normal mode.

I have QuickBoot installed - when i attempt to boot Recovery Mode using QB, i get a very quick flash of the Android/white box screen - so quick that if i didn't know what it was, i wouldn't be able to tell - and then i get a slightly longer flash of an Android exception/alert/whatever screen - Android logo and alert symbol ... and then a standard boot.

Any suggestions?

Phone is an LGL45C. I rooted it - works fine, apps that require root work fine.

But i can't get the blinkin' thing to boot to Recovery Mode.

I've tried the Volume/Home/Power three-finger salute - it shows the LG logo, then the Tracfone splash and then goes straight into normal mode.

I have QuickBoot installed - when i attempt to boot Recovery Mode using QB, i get a very quick flash of the Android/white box screen - so quick that if i didn't know what it was, i wouldn't be able to tell - and then i get a slightly longer flash of an Android exception/alert/whatever screen - Android logo and alert symbol ... and then a standard boot.

Any suggestions?

Hi!

Have you custom recovery installed? If not, you can't boot into recovery mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones