1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recovery mode??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theonexxx, Feb 6, 2016.

1. theonexxx

theonexxx Member

anyone figure this out? the ONLY thing ive gotten the phone to boot into is a HARD RESET menu, that offers nothing except an option to erase all user data. No normal options can i find, not even a download mode. All google attepmts have failed. Thank You

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. creep138

creep138 Newbie

That's all we got, or I can find myself at least. I don't think there ever was a method to get to lgs recovery options without having twrp or cwm.

3. theonexxx

theonexxx Member

u are correct. after rooting phone (metropcs lg k7) and installing quick boot from playstore, booting into real recovery only yields a laid-out android guy with a red exclamation mark protruding from his chest. soo sad. either locked down, or non existant. will keep checking. thanks for reply

4. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez Newbie

For Download Mode:
    1. Unplug USB cable and turn phone off
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up button
    3. Plug in the USB cable while it is connected to a power source
    4. Continue to hold the Volume Up button until Download Mode appears.

Now if only I could get a firmware image to fix this freakin phone.

5. rachid

rachid Member

my t-mobile lg k7 is stuck on logo ( soft brick ) i need also a firmware image to flash ( k33010f )
    looked everywhere, noting!, even on t-mobile lg site, the firmware is not downloadable. :(
    i can't get to recovery to make a hard reset, but i can get to download mode.
    any help will be appreciated.

6. Trishd1987

Trishd1987 Lurker

Same issue phone stuck on metro PCS screen can master reset, get into download firmware. No firmware to down load. I am going to see if I cant copy it from a friends phone and see if I can get to down load. wish me luck.

7. bustone747

bustone747 Newbie

i have twrp installed and a back up! i bootlooped just on some crazy "what if i ?" because i have a previosly bricked k7. i thought i was good cause i gotworking twrp. right? WRONG. THE USUAL BUTTON COMBO GOES TO THE HARD RESET MENU BUT SO DID MY STYLO! SO I HIT YES LIKE WITH MY STYLO TO BOOT RECOVERY BUT IT JUST USEED TWRP TO FACTORY RESET MY PHONE AND NOW USB DEBUG IS UNCHECKED AND I CANT GET ADB TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY EITHER! I AM SO FRIGGIN PISSED RIGHT NOW

8. nasstyrome

nasstyrome Well-Known Member

edit;
    there is a thread that was recently posted that gives an unbrick method. 07/29/2016

#8 nasstyrome, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  9. Iseewhatudid

Iseewhatudid Lurker

Do we have any custom roms?

10. nasstyrome

nasstyrome Well-Known Member

No there are currently no developers working on any custom ROM's for this device as of yet.

If there are any developers working on this device - They are keeping it secret.
    Staying tuned to the forums is all you can do atm.

LG K7 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews