• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[recovery]new recovery img v1.6.2

what am I doing wrong? When I power on holding the home button I get CLEARSTORAGE "Delete All User Data" <action> yes <send> no

no clue how to get to the place where I cna run the commands from the command prompt.. wont let me adb shell "Error: Device Not Found"

lol i'm not sure how i got to that screen either, but i did. I wasn't trying to get to the command prompt or anything, just restart. The 2 options to delete or cancel weren't very clear to me so I was trying to pop the back off my phone to pull the battery and accidently hit the key to clear the user data :(

Lost my texts, contacts, etc. Luckily all my contacts were google so I just resynced and i didn't really care about the texts, apps. :p

Just had to share my story :p

Upvote 0
what am I doing wrong? When I power on holding the home button I get CLEARSTORAGE "Delete All User Data" <action> yes <send> no

no clue how to get to the place where I cna run the commands from the command prompt.. wont let me adb shell "Error: Device Not Found"

Try holding the volume down button while powering on.

I haven't gotten that white screen you're talking about (I think that's what your talking about anyway) in a long time. If I remember correctly, at least on mine, there was another option to hit Home to continue to recovery, and it went right to the recovery console at that point

Upvote 0
if your just updating it get a teminal emulator from the marketa nd flash it directly from the phone itself

Open the Terminal program and type the following (with hitting enter at the end of each line):
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img​

Well that didn't work for me. After typing in the second line of code and hitting enter, it didn't really do anything? Can't remember what it said. So I turned phone off and and it booted into the 1.5.2 recovery mode. I guess I will try and push it from my PC when I get home? :thinking:

FYI...I used the Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich. I tried the Terminal Emulator by HelloAndroid.com, but it never opened. I just kept getting FCs.

Upvote 0
hey you have to type what ever file you did exactly. i dunno what color you went with but make sure you type the recovery image with the corolating color...best way is just to write it down on a piece of paper and then run the commands i was doing this for the longest time and did realize i wasnt putting recovery-RA-1.6.2green.img (or however the file goes weather it be blue or red or whatever) hope this helps

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was my problem originally, forgot the color.

But turned out the green image just wouldn't work for me. Tried via the terminal emulator 2 times. Didn't take. Then I tried downloading the image again, didn't help. Then I tried pushing it via my PC, and it still didn't take. :thinking:

Finally, i decided to download the blue one (not my fav) and it worked first time via the Terminal Emulator? Not sure why the green wouldn't work, but I will stick with the Blue image so I don't have to mess with it anymore.

Upvote 0

I found that if I hold the home key too long I get the same thing. I hold the home key until I first see the htc logo then I release it.

I got the following when I flashed the 1.6.2 image:

flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00020000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00060000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000a0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000e0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00100000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00120000 (Out of memory)
#

I did finish with the reboot recovery and the phone says it is using build 1.6.2, so I guess it is ok?

Upvote 0
I found that if I hold the home key too long I get the same thing. I hold the home key until I first see the htc logo then I release it.

I got the following when I flashed the 1.6.2 image:

flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00020000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00060000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000a0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000e0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00100000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00120000 (Out of memory)
#

I did finish with the reboot recovery and the phone says it is using build 1.6.2, so I guess it is ok?

yeah i got the same errors when i first rooted and flashed 1.2.3 but even though it errored it still worked :thinking::D:cool:

Upvote 0
if your just updating it get a teminal emulator from the marketa nd flash it directly from the phone itself

Open the Terminal program and type the following (with hitting enter at the end of each line):
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img​

I was trying this for quite a while via PC and having no luck. Thanks for this... Worked like a charm.

FYI: I changed the file name to 1.6.2.img Made it a LOT easier to type in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones