1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recovery not working properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barrettg7, Feb 7, 2011.

1. barrettg7

barrettg7 Lurker

ok so i installed amon RA recovery but when i boot into recovery mode i only get 3 options - Reboot, flash update.zip from sdcard and factory reset - has it installed correctly ?

i have used Clockworkmod recovery before but the download link for it is down :( anyone got a copy of this ? (ClockworkMod Recovery (2.5.0.1))

this is on a t-mob G2 and trying to update the firmware using this guide Full Update Guide - HTC Hero (GSM) - CyanogenMod Wiki

Thanks in advance guys :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Nope, Amon_RA has several lines of green menu options and "Build: RA-hero-v1.7.0.1" in white at the bottom of the screen.

Koush had major server problems over the weekend I believe, so those have maybe temporarily nerfed the link. If you install the free version of ROM Manager from the Market you can use that to flash CWM.

(I've had a trawl through my file collection but I haven't got a standalone CWM Recovery for the Hero, sorry)

3. barrettg7

barrettg7 Lurker

Yeah i guessed the site was just down, just managed to download Clockworkmod - recovery :D

when trying to install any of the ROM managers from the market tho kept saying installation failed and wouldnt run on the phone :/

anyway ill give clockwork mod recovery a go and flash CyanogenMod 6 - is that the best rom for the hero ? or has it just got the basics e.g. 2.2 which is the best custom rom for the hero ? and a downlink plz :)

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Is your handset already rooted?

CyanogenMod ROMs are vanilla Android, built from the AOSP source code. Ergo, no SenseUI or other manufacturer-specific overlays.

How long is a piece of string? ;)

There's a post linked in the forum sticky with links to popular ROMs.

5. barrettg7

barrettg7 Lurker

haha cheers

yeah i rooted the phone using universal androot so i dunno y they wouldnt run/install ?

cheers ill have a look around

6. barrettg7

barrettg7 Lurker

Code (Text):
    1. adb push ecovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-hero.img /sdcard/ecovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-hero.img
    2. adb shell
    3. su
    4. cd /sdcard/
    5. flash_image ecovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-hero.img
    6. reboot recovery
    after doing the above, and booting to recovery its still the same
    with just 3 options -reboot system-apply sdcard update.zip and factory reset

and at the bottom in yellow it says E:Carnt open /cache/recovery/command

any ideas ???

7. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Try it with the command I added in bold.

8. barrettg7

barrettg7 Lurker

doesn't like that command it returns - Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o - options] [t-type] device directory :(

9. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hmm. I don't know anything but the most basic ADB commands... but by the sound of it you just need to add -r to what slug wrote. So 'adb shell mount -r /sdcard'.

Possibly without the space between mount and -r, I'm not sure.

Also, /sdcard might need to be /sdcard/.

10. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

My post assumed that you were fastbooting the recovery, as that's the only way to flash it if you haven't already got a custom recovery onboard. Maybe the command options have been changed? "mount -a" is/was the equivalent command when using adb from an existing recovery, fwiw.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews