• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery not working - Red triangle after unrooting.

priitpalu

Lurker
Jan 15, 2012
Hello!

I have a problem with recovery. I'm using HTC Desire 2.3.3.
Yesterday i rooted it but today i needed to unroot it. I rooted it with Revolutionary and made a recovery with it(could this be the reason?). I unrooted it using Alpharev. I managed to put S-ON.

Everything is working well except the recovery. It gives a Red triangle and when i hold volume up + power, it says E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command.
Other options in that menu are available.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Yes i flashed their recovery.

Then i got S-off and rooted using this guide: http://androidforums.com/desire-all...ry-windows-published-4th-november-2011-a.html

Today i unrooted and put S-ON using this guide at xda-developers.com

1. what: downgrade HBOOT using AlphaRev
how: go to AlphaRev 1.8, download (and always MD5-) check "bravo_downgrade.img", flash using fastboot

2. what: flash stock RUU
how:go to Shipped ROMs and download RUU for your device and run the executable
(I chose "RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00 .32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed.exe " since it turned out to contain HBOOT 0.93 which I wanted)
For RUU i used 2.3 update (at HTCdev website).

At this point Security is ON (S-ON) and phone is working fine put the recovery mode at the boot screen is giving me a red triangle. I think if i can't fix this then I'm going to have problems with warranty.

Upvote 0
There was nothing to fix. The OP had wanted to unroot, and had unrooted, but didn't know that the "red triangle" is what the recovery would look like after this and hence thought that something was broken.

Most of us in this forum don't know the Incredible, so cannot give very detailed advice on that. I assume you've unrooted using an RUU that loaded 2.2.1, so if you want a later software version you need to find a newer RUU. S-On isn't a problem - if you want it running official HTC software it will be S-On, and S-Off is not required to run an RUU.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones