• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY] PhilZ Touch 6.19.2 [NEED TESTERS]

What message does clearing the dalvik cache give you? Also I forget the point of formatting dalvik cache. >.>

No message whatsoever. Button flashes when pressed and that's it... Wiping dalvik cache seems to help erase some kind of data left behind that screws with certain installs, whether APKs or ROM zips.. But I am really liking the touch recovery...

Upvote 0
The log while it is working.

Doesn't seem to, but I'm not familiar with how it's SUPPOSED to react on certain functions...

I can't seem to get it to wipe dalvic or cache.

So this recovery will not wipe dalvik at this time?

I'm playing around with it now, but as it stands with the latest version I uploaded, it does wipe dalvik-cache and cache. However, after wiping cache, it won't mount until after booting into android and then back into recovery.

I haven't done a backup yet to see about the recovery/boot backup, but it's next on my list. Just got home from work haha.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
The log while it is working.
It is working fine for me, not sure what is going on on your end. I will have a new build uploaded either sometime today/tonight or sometime tomorrow. I have family flying in for this weekend, so I will have to work around that. Patience is a virtue in instances like these lol

Upvote 0
Try to reinstall w/ flashify.APKs from playstore

I tried it. Didn't work. Should I go back into stock recovery, wipe cache and dalvek cache, and try it again? I'm not too familiar with advice, so idk if I'm doing that right either. :(
Edit: I finally got CWM, now I'll try Philz! :)

Reactions: rav2012
Upvote 0
I did a recent backup yesterday and then did a restore earlier today after trying to update dsploit :D the update being extracted took up so much memory it froze up. So i did a restore because i couldn't find the file location it was being extracted to. And actually a little bit for testing sake. And the backup and restore seem to have gone perfectly. This isn't the only time I've done a restore. There have been a couple times prior. They all restored perfectly. :cool:

Upvote 0
Hi guys, so is this philz recovery working ok , any more fixes coming up, has anyone had any major issues with it? i'm about to get this phone just wanna make sure i can use it and not screw up anything thanks.

ive had no serious troubles with philz it does its job there's a few bugs but nothing that will make or break it i think ive backed up and loaded roms and installed zips just fine

Reactions: Wizaired
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones