• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Recovery] Twrp v3 for Lg Aristo [metropc/t-mobile]

I didn't KDZ at all, I just used the LG Bridge software, plugged in my phone while it was in what I assume was stock recovery mode and it just said there was an update to the phone and I just let it download and update. I did relock the bootloader though via the fastboot oem lock command.

Won't it wipe the drive if you unlock the bootloader again to update the recovery?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
plz help i have this guide root and snap dont work

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-10-15-53-43.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-10-15-53-43.png
    73 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0
so i am rooting a friend's phone for a friend and had already done this rooting process (do you remember me from your LG Stylo 2 plus root tread in XDA Forums!) and while i was going trough the beginning setup, the phone said that it needed to download and install an update (Software update) (before root was 7.0.1), is the root gonna be disabled? and if so, how can i fix it?

Update: after 25 min while connected to a great wifi, this is the screen that its been stuck on the downloading update screen!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so i am rooting a friend's phone for a friend and had already done this rooting process (do you remember me from your LG Stylo 2 plus root tread in XDA Forums!) and while i was going trough the beginning setup, the phone said that it needed to download and install an update (Software update) (before root was 7.0.1), is the root gonna be disabled? and if so, how can i fix it?
Yes i remember you xD
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70120885&postcount=486
For your question Yes anynew update will remove twrp&root from your device, you need to re flash twrp and super su.zip to get it back
regards.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The pc says that an mtp conection is required, also when the phone rebooted, it yust went trought the whole start setup and this time it wont let me proceed to the download screen(the creen before the one on the picture)
you need to change the usb mode to the second one from top [file tranfer] to enable lg bridge to detect your device

Upvote 0
New here, but I want to say that this all worked first try for me. Thanks messi2050! I may send you something next paycheck.

Do you plan to make a new version based on TWRP 3.1.0? I'm particularly hoping f2fs could work someday on the Aristo.
You are welcome :) & thanks, yes i updated the stylo 2 build to 3.1 so aristo will be next ;)

Reactions: aimzzz and Qeyleb
Upvote 0
What's happening is, after I flash TWRP and take my battery out and do the volume down + power sequence, I get to the white screen saying erase all data, which I hit Yes on twice, but then it immediately takes me to the black "Your software can't be checked for corruption" screen instead of booting into TWRP like it should. I'm not getting any error messages in adb when I flash TWRP either. It's almost like it says it flashes it but it actually doesn't.
i get the same problem

Upvote 0
Connect it to pc and open lg bridge choise update and that's it
Did it. Lost root! :( Don't know why. Maybe it generated a log file somewhere? Will check phone & PC after re-root

I'm going to start re-rooting but would be glad to see comments or suggestions :p
Made a new recovery a few days ago, so maybe it won't be so bad when I get root again.

Upvote 0
Did it. Lost root! :( Don't know why. Maybe it generated a log file somewhere? Will check phone & PC after re-root

I'm going to start re-rooting but would be glad to see comments or suggestions :p
Made a new recovery a few days ago, so maybe it won't be so bad when I get root again.
That's normal as lg bridge flash the whole kdz so it replaces any modified files/partitions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones