• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Recovery] Unofficial CWM - 6.0.5.0 - fx3q

First: Thank you greatly for this! Now I can fearlessly mangle my phone's OS as much as I like. (I've already had to rebuild from near-scratch after one particularly nasty boot-loop. Someday I'll crack the secret of how to properly replace the system fonts on this thing – I loathe all three stock choices, and PerAppFonts|Xposed does a worthy but incomplete job.)

Second: Booting into recovery from a menu is easy, but despite quite a bit of searching and trial-and-error, I still can't find any way to boot into recovery with hardware buttons. Is it possible? Have I managed to overlook something?

Upvote 0
Okay. First unhappy customer here. :p

I installed it, it supposedly installed Clockworkmod. When I hit the button to reboot into recovery the app just crashes every time. Uninstalled and reinstalled and tried the steps numerous times. Hope nothing is too messed up. Help!

Yeah, the reboot button doesn't work for many. For some, particularly outside the USA, the image does not even download (and the install fails in the background). But there is a way around that (search XDA for F3Q, then when you are on the right thread, for "loki" - or go to page 20).

If you are just looking for a reboot into recovery, either:

1. Connect your device to your PC and "adb reboot recovery"
2. Download Terminal Emulator, run and type "reboot recovery"
3. Install XPosed & GravityBox, and enable reboot menu.

One of those three will let you know whether you have CWM or not. if you just get Andy lying down with the front panel open, no menu, then you don't have CWM yet, and will have to download the loki file manually (placing it in the F3QUtilities2 folder after the other file "downloads", but before hitting that install button). Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones