• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nvg_joe

Lurker
Feb 15, 2013
Person brought in a galaxy tab 7.0 plus today. There son had passed away and they don't know how to unlock his tablet. They've tried the unlock pattern too many times, and now they need to use goggle account recovery, without knowing his gmail account...... :thinking:

Anyway, while I'm going down the process of seeing if Google can help me out with this, does anyone know if I can flash withe Clockwork Recovery Mod to regain access to the tablet while keeping the data in tact? Will it allow me to mount as an external device from a PC (or Mac or Linux) to browse and copy the data? They are trying to get his pictures off the device. No, there was no external or microSD card that has any data on it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones