• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recurring Appointment / Task that happens every 3 days - Please Read

bob332

Lurker
Jun 11, 2011
Hello.

New Android user, just received them today. Have put off changing from old WM5 phones due to not being able to sync to outlook via usb and the ability to make an appointment / reminder occur every 72hrs.

After reading about HTC Sync and how that is suppose to let you sync your calender/contacts directly w/ Outlook via USB and a friend saying there were no issues w/ recurring appointments, I picked up 2 HTC Arias.

After a day of messing with the phone and seeing how far out of the loop I was in comparison to a WM5 phone, I must admit, the recurring appointment / task issue is not solved w/ the vanilla HTC/ATT android 2.2.2 install - I haven't tried HTC Sync so hopefully that will pan out with outlook....

This is where I need your assistance. I need an app that will allow me to make an appointment/task/reminder - whatever you want to call it, occur every 3 days say @ 6PM for 15-30mins with no end date, just occur @ 6PM every 3 days. This is for medication I take so it is very important. I do not need anything fancy and it does not/will not be connecting to gmail/gcalender. I honestly do not even care if it is a calender app, just some type of reminder app would suffice

My old phones are HTC 8125s, so I know HTC makes a good product and I would rather go the android route.

Please assist.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Bob

I know that you can do a 3 (actually 1->30) day cycle if you have your calendar set up in Google Calendar and synced with you phone. See attachment:-

Attachments

• Google Cal repeat.JPG
    Google Cal repeat.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
i just went into a gmail acct i have and viewed exactly what you show. only issue is i would rather not use an online service for this...meh.

i think i will try the HTC Sync w/ outlook because I know I can set it up in outlook.

Thanks for your time, if anybody else has any other input, please advise,
Bob

Upvote 0
Plan C.

In that case you could sync Outlook to your handset using MyPhoneExplorer for PC, free here:-

FJ Software Development

and download a small MyPhoneExplorer app to your handset, free from the Market.

Hope this helps. :D

+1 for MyPhoneExplorer. And I know Outlook can handle the recurring event you describe as I've just tested it. On my phone (HTC Desire HD) I use Business Calendar, which does not seem to have the repeat option that you would need, but if you sync to Outlook then it's not a problem.

If you're looking at a phone calendar with this option take a look at Gemini Calendar. I used to use this, but prefer BC, and it does have a lot of recurring options which "may" suit your needs.

Dave

Upvote 0
Plan C.

In that case you could sync Outlook to your handset using MyPhoneExplorer for PC, free here:-

FJ Software Development

and download a small MyPhoneExplorer app to your handset, free from the Market.

Hope this helps. :D
Would you happen to know if MPE handles recurring appointment exceptions yet? I had to stop using it because of that. HTC Sync seems to handle them okay, but if I try to modify one on my Evo, it says it will change all occurences.

Upvote 0
Would you happen to know if MPE handles recurring appointment exceptions yet? I had to stop using it because of that. HTC Sync seems to handle them okay, but if I try to modify one on my Evo, it says it will change all occurences.

The best way I've found to handle exceptions to recurring events is to a) end the recurring event at the one BEFORE you want to change b) add the "changed event" as a single event then c) start a new recurring event at the one after the one you changed.

That way everything "seems" to work - for me anyway ...... :eek:

Dave

Reactions: JimSmith94
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones