• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recurring email notification fix?

Mutak94

Sep 28, 2011
Hi all,

I have Sony Xperia L3 with all the latest software updates. Ever since I bought the phone, I am dealing with an annoying problem with email notifications. I am using the stock email app that came with the phone. I have set my notifications to push in the settings.

As far as I know, push notifications means that you should get the notification when the mail arrives. Right? This is what happens for me. However, if I don't read the mail instantly and if I don't dismiss the notification, every so often (approx. 3-4 times per hour) my phone will notifiy me again that this mail has arrived. I hear the notification sound and I think that I received another mail or a message, but there's nothing new on screen - just the old mail.

This stops happening if I dismiss the notification but sometimes I need the notification to remain on the screen so that I don't forget to reply to the mail.

I don't think this has anything to do with mail servers - I have two mail accounts since I work for two companies and this happens with both accounts. The companies use different servers for mail (Bluehost and Dreamhost). Is there any way to get rid of this annoyance?

Thank you for your suggestion! I was unable to find any sort of a reminder feature anywhere in the settings...

I have noticed that, if there are notifications from other apps also present when this happens, the email notification shifts rapidly to the last place in the notifications bar and then resurfaces back on the first place and at this time, notification sound can be heard. This all happens very quickly, 1 second is the max duration

Unfortunately I am not open to using other apps, everything else with this app is completely fine and I do not want to clutter my phone with apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones