• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recurring "Event" In Calendar

D

Deleted User

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and use the "Calendar" function quite a lot to set up reminders with alarms (called "Events").
Setting up a once-off reminder with an audible alarm is no problem.
However, when I try to set up an alarm with a recurring element, i.e. by changing the "Repeat" section from "One Time Event" to "Daily" and clicking on "Done", I get a message "Event Created"
If I then go into the "Agenda" for that date, no event is visible and no alarm occurs.
I should also add that I have 3 other apps which I downloaded when I first got the phone, so as to customise the calendar, but I'm afraid I have no idea what they do, or, more importantly, if they interact with the calendar at all i.e. can I delete them.
They are "Calendar Snooze", "Calendar Notifier", "reMind"

I'm also a regular calender user but i never had any problem setting up repeat events. i have yearly and weekly events though, no daily event.
They always notify me on time without any problem.

Check your settings, maybe you have missed something.

I never had problems with calendar, could you have more than one agenda? witch is visible?
I believe that apps installed from play store can be unistalled without problems, but I dont know those.

Upvote 0
I never had problems with calendar, could you have more than one agenda? witch is visible?
I believe that apps installed from play store can be unistalled without problems, but I dont know those.

I'v had multiple events on the same day on the same times, i got a reminder notification for them together, they showed up on the daily calender side by side having the same duration. I like this calender app, never had any problems, gives me what i want.
So i never tried any third party app from play store, the google calender works great for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones