1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Recurring "Event" In Calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tomohawk, Jul 30, 2013.

1. tomohawk

tomohawk Member
    None

Feb 5, 2013
    Male
    Retired
    Dublin, Ireland
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and use the "Calendar" function quite a lot to set up reminders with alarms (called "Events").
    Setting up a once-off reminder with an audible alarm is no problem.
    However, when I try to set up an alarm with a recurring element, i.e. by changing the "Repeat" section from "One Time Event" to "Daily" and clicking on "Done", I get a message "Event Created"
    If I then go into the "Agenda" for that date, no event is visible and no alarm occurs.
    I should also add that I have 3 other apps which I downloaded when I first got the phone, so as to customise the calendar, but I'm afraid I have no idea what they do, or, more importantly, if they interact with the calendar at all i.e. can I delete them.
    They are "Calendar Snooze", "Calendar Notifier", "reMind"

Advertisement

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    I'm also a regular calender user but i never had any problem setting up repeat events. i have yearly and weekly events though, no daily event.
    They always notify me on time without any problem.

Check your settings, maybe you have missed something.

3. qashqool

qashqool Member
    None

Jun 11, 2013
    I never had problems with calendar, could you have more than one agenda? witch is visible?
    I believe that apps installed from play store can be unistalled without problems, but I dont know those.

4. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    I'v had multiple events on the same day on the same times, i got a reminder notification for them together, they showed up on the daily calender side by side having the same duration. I like this calender app, never had any problems, gives me what i want.
    So i never tried any third party app from play store, the google calender works great for me.