1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recurring issues, even after reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by domel99, Sep 16, 2011.

1. domel99

domel99 Lurker

Hi all,

I'm having an incredibly frustrating time trying to solve some problems I'm having.

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Mini in Thailand, and it was originally running on Froyo 2.2.1. Everything was going perfectly, not one problem to report in the three months I've had it. Then I had the bright idea of upgrading to Gingerbread 2.3.4.

As soon as I did (using Odin and whatnot), a few problems began to arise. Every few minutes or so, the backlight would turn itself off. After a few minutes of button clicking, it would come back on at full brightness. Now, when I go back to the brightness slider, the far left of the slider now corresponds to full brightness, while one click to the right is still only one click above the lowest setting.

Also, seemingly randomly, my wifi would turn itself off and be replaced with 'Error'. Only inputting the wifi reset code or resetting the phone solves this, but the code only works one time.

I have tried factory reset, clearing the cache and even reinstalling other firmware, including other Gingerbreads and even reverting back to the old 2.2.1. But the problems are still there.

Can anybody help? And is anyone else having these problems? I'm desperate!

Thanks,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. yagya

yagya Android Enthusiast

3. domel99

domel99 Lurker

Okay so I partially solved the problem.

One other quirk/problem that I was having was that the phone had signal bars displaying at the top, despite the fact that I had no SIM Card inserted. I am using the phone only as a PDA, so this solution worked for me. If you are using it as an actual phone, I'm not sure I can help.

When I reflashed again with a previous Froyo version, I simply ticked the 'Debug' in Odin, and then the 'PDA' option underneath it as well. This replaced the signal bars with a circle with a line through it, what I was used to, and solved all the problems.

Hope this helps!

Samsung Galaxy Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Mini release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.14" inch screen, 3MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews