1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support recurring sd card issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SRTPUN, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SRTPUN

SRTPUN Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2012
    Male
    Sheepdog
    Queens, NY
    I just got a 64gb micro sd card yesterday. Installed it in my phone with no issues or alerts. Today I went to move a movie over from the internal memory over to the card and it successfully moved, and then literally two minutes later I got the dreaded "sd card is blank or has unsupported file systems". It was just one movie so I had the phone format the card and the same message persists. When I go into the settings and go to storage it asks me to Mount the card, I do so, and the message is still there. I've been on Google all day and have yet to find s legitimate fix for this issue. Have any of you had this issue and have you been able to rectify the problem at all? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Advertisement

2. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    my phone is doing the same thing... it maybe the memory card cause i had another of the same one threw it in and worked fine. the one that was in there wont even register when inserting into reader card into computer... im thinking maybe it has something todo with the magnet in the feedback and vibrate on the phone being to close and throwing the memory card off or something... needless to say it works fine now for me with the new memory card in there.

SRTPUN likes this.
  3. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Mad Scientist! MUAHAHAHA!
    Richmond, TX
    If you insert it on your card reader, will your pc read it as a drive? If yes, you might be able to save it by performing a complete format (don't use quick format option). And to just make it redundant use check disc to search for physical errors in the card and flags them not for use. Hopefully this would save you a little money if you can't return the card.

SRTPUN likes this.
  4. SRTPUN

SRTPUN Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2012
    Male
    Sheepdog
    Queens, NY
    Well I went ahead and purchased a new card and so far so good. Thanks fellas.