• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recurring sim card problems :(

zenman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 3, 2010
Within the first week of having the DNA (Got it opening day in November) my sim card kept failing. The only way I knew it was happening was from a lack of receiving calls/texts and small error message with an "x" in the notification bar. Restarting the phone would solve the problem temporarily but it would recur. Verizon swapped out the sim card and things were fine until a week ago when it started happening again. They swapped it out again and things were fine until 15 minutes ago when it happened AGAIN. Hmm, maybe I have a lemon?

I had that happen somewhat frequently at one point. What I found helped is shutting the phone down and popping out the sim card, making sure it's seated correctly in the tray, then putting the tray back in, while applying just enough pressure to get it in all the way. (don't press super hard on it after it stops). See if that helps your problem...

Upvote 0
I had that happen somewhat frequently at one point. What I found helped is shutting the phone down and popping out the sim card, making sure it's seated correctly in the tray, then putting the tray back in, while applying just enough pressure to get it in all the way. (don't press super hard on it after it stops). See if that helps your problem...

This is what I did the first time I noticed this happening to me. Haven't had a problem for almost a week straight now..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones