• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Red and black... how it should have been!

blue rocket

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2009
CT
www.grafixpressions.com
Finally got my hands on the original pre-production battery cover (glossy red from those old blurry photos that we all remember). It also came with the silver camera bezel and some of the internals from the pre-prod model. I'm going to look into retrofitting the rocker buttons and the sleep/wake button this week.

in my opinion, this is how the phone should have come from the factory, it's just so much more exciting and original!

Here are the pics!

pre_inc.jpg

pre_inc1.jpg

pre_inc2.jpg

pre_inc3.jpg

pre_inc4.jpg

:D

Finally got my hands on the original pre-production battery cover (glossy red from those old blurry photos that we all remember). It also came with the silver camera bezel and some of the internals from the pre-prod model. I'm going to look into retrofitting the rocker buttons and the sleep/wake button this week.

in my opinion, this is how the phone should have come from the factory, it's just so much more exciting and original!

I am not sure I understand... Are you saying that this red back panel does not work on the black production model phone?

I don't see where this is called pre-production on the site you linked to... It looks like brand new replacement parts.

Any information you can share is appreciated... I'd love to get the complete front/back red kit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones