• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Red Triangle w/ Exclamation mark!

Hey guys (I'm new to the forums ) I was wondering if I can get some help. Well first of all to get it out of the way, I have a rooted Alcatel OT 995 ICS phone . So the other day i was trying to follow some instructions to install a custom rom , to be exact the "H1N1 ROM" and it said to go into recovery mode with power+volume down.and then It goes to a black screen then it eventually shoes a black background+ a android on the ground with a red triangle+ Exclamation Mark. I also read i have to install a CWMR on my phone, I was wondering if anybody can help me install the CWMR thing and help me with my current problems. :D

Umm , May this help? :D well this is the video which I'm trying to follow to install the rom but I can't do it. Alcatel OT-995 / How to install android 4.0.4 H1N1 ROM - YouTube
I was wondering if you can make it more easy for me to do :D. TY very much if you can tell me how to install the rom exactly without me having to hard restart my phone ^^. :) ohh also all the files needed should be in the description within the video ^^.

Upvote 0
ClockWorkMod

It's a custom recovery. That red exclamation point sounds like the stock recovery maybe? I'm not familiar with your phone. But from the instructions I linked it sounds like you need fastboot drivers on your pc and boot the phone into fastboot mode. Then flash the recovery.img through fastboot. Basically about the same as my device.

Not sure if there area prerequisites though. Like if you already need root or unlock bootloader??

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
ClockWorkMod

It's a custom recovery. That red exclamation point sounds like the stock recovery maybe? I'm not familiar with your phone. But from the instructions I linked it sounds like you need fastboot drivers on your pc and boot the phone into fastboot mode. Then flash the recovery.img through fastboot. Basically about the same as my device.

Not sure if there area prerequisites though. Like if you already need root or unlock bootloader??

Well I already rooted my phone, and how do I unlock bootloader?And I've been also been searching for "fastboot drivers" for my phone and I'm not finding any :X

Upvote 0
Try downloading this software:
http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/downloads/pcsuite/alcatel-androidmanager-2-2-1209-2565.exe

That should install drivers for your phone. Unless you already have drivers for your phone?

But then the recovery from the link I posted is all in one. So if you have drivers installed and are connected to the pc, you should be able to double click the runme.Bat included with the recovery and it should do all the work for you.

Those recoveries say they are for your phone but I have never tested or used your device before so please be aware that I cannot guarantee anything. Just trying to help as much as I can

Also sorry for the late reply. Been at a birthday party :)

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
You will run it just within the file. The software is completely separate and really nothing you even need. I just had you install it for the drivers ;)

Did you follow the instructions from the link where you downloaded the recovery?

Get the right CWM image zip from the Downloads section
Make sure your device is turned off
Hold power and volume down until the Alcatel splash screen is shown
Wait another second, then release both keys
The device should now have entered fastboot mode.
Proceed with the instructions below.

Take note of the bold, the phone needs to be in fastboot mode before you run the flash.bat

The flash.bat file is just running a fastboot command for you so you don't have to type it manually. So to run a fastboot command the phone needs to be in fastboot mode or you will see the <waiting for device> message :)

Upvote 0
I just downloaded it and tried it out. It's very cool. The screens are gorgeous.

Gameplay is so-so, I think more needs to happen though. I also think there was an issue with losing connection occasionally which eventually made me put it down out of frustration.

I think the release is based on their rights to use a map maybe. That would be my only guess. They probably have US map rights but maybe not global rights yet for the mapping data.

Awww man! I thought we were good to go :( I've never actually used cwm before or seen an issue like that. First thing I would try is copy everything on the sd card, format it and then try again.

Edit: really sorry for replying so late. I've been really busy. Then on top of that I just noticed that I caught a glitch replying on Tapatalk. It posted my reply in a completely random thread from 2008. Just noticed and moved it here :rolleyes:

Reactions: dustwun77 and jmar
Upvote 0
Wait.... So now the recovery is working?
Man, we can't catch a break here. :(
I don't know your device at all. With htc there are different levels of root. S-off being fully capable with no security checks. S-on users have a harder time flashing Roms. I have no idea if there is something similar with this device.

Try taking the boot.img from whatever rom you are trying to flash or restore, and put it on your pc in the same folder that fastboot is in. Then get the phone in fastboot mode again like when you flashed the recovery. Use this command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Then if you get no errors see if it will boot up

Upvote 0
Hey Brian Well I've tried that and I was close to finishing but then my battery died :/ , now I can't even charge it because everytime i plug into a wall the front led just blinks and sometimes it comes the boot screen then it dies again xd , I can't enter fastboot mode because It won't allow me xd, I think I have soft bricked my phone, Any ideas of how to fix it? If not then I'll try brining it to T-Mobile and asking them to get it repeared :x, I hope over here in Hungary they accept rooted phones xd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones