1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Redirect of Death

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by w0rd, Mar 5, 2011.

1. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    FL, USA
    Wake up this morning to check some websites and I have the redirect of death. Called VM support and they said they are aware of the problem and "engineers are rushing to resolve the issue". LOL yeah right.

This is the end of my first month, don't know what's going to happen, I am scared. Hold me.

Just giving you guys a heads up about what you are going to be dealing with soon. Guess not many people have passed one month yet???

"Redirect of Death" Questions

Advertisement

2. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is one of the reasons I have my VM account set up on auto-pay...have had one for years and never ran into this...but yeah...I understand that one is hell.

3. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    FL, USA
    I think I am on autopay? It says I will be billed 4-5-11. Dunno.

4. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you gave them a credit/debit number...you are, as long as it was set up right. If you got the Redirect Of Death with an autopay account, they really do have a screwup.

5. lou61166

lou61166 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    I do not like to use any auto pay or save my card info on servers,but i remember with my blackberry paying the monthly charge was a pain On VM's website,it would only give me options to top up,i would have to talk to someone to pay the monthly bill.

6. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    You can also go into stores such as Radio Shack and pay there with cash or a debit/credit card...or with top-up cards at/from various places.

7. chrissurra

chrissurra Member
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    I dont trust my card number on their server either so I buy a "card" from callingmart.com and they email it to me immediately I then add it to VM site and Im good to go. They also only charge 24.75 with no tax.

8. melim

melim Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    This ROD happened to me also, but only for a few hours on the night my new month started, and I had logged in to VM's site a few days prior and did "Pay Now" with my PayPal acct. After trying all sorts of things, I finally just let it be for a while and it worked itself out. At first I thought it was just another weird data loss incarnation- good to know it's actually one more goofy thing to look forward to every month. :rolleyes:

BTW, is it necessary to keep $ in your acct? I keep seeing references to keeping a balance, but I haven't been doing that, just using PayPal when I need to pay my monthly. :thinking:

9. techmom29

techmom29 Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    I don't trust them either! And, I too, using calling mart. BTW - coupon code: Ca3p-1207 will get you an extra 3%

Here is why I won't use my cc with vm ever again.

Once I had a erroneous charge on my bill and they couldn't tell me what it was for.

Next, I had trouble placing a charge on their site. It kept telling me my exp. date or validation code were wrong (which I knew were right). So then I pulled out a new card I had just gotten, activated it and tried to make a purchase on their site. It still didn't work, but someone in Canada started making charges on my account the same day.

Another time I tried again to use a card on their site. It would look like it went through, but never showed up on my account. Or it would throw an error like before. Then I got a call from my cc fraud dept asking me if I had authorized 9 charges to vm (I was persistent). I explained that I was trying to but it kept failing. They said all charges were authorized and pending the batch being closed by vm. VM customer service said the charges were all denied.

10. KentInPhilly

KentInPhilly Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I had this same problem this morning.... I sent a text message and got an automatic response that my balance was too low, and then I noticed I couldn't get to any web page. (This is the first day of my second month.) On the web site, I did "Restart Plan Month" and acknowledged the payment and then it started working again.

Unfortunately this is after doing a "Top Up," which didn't accomplish anything... (I thought it would take the plan charge out of the balance after I did the top up, but it charged me a second time.)

I am working with them on the phone to get them to refund the top-up money. (They said they would do it but I have to call back in an hour after the account data is updated or something like that.)

I don't know what to expect to happen next month. It is annoying, though. I thought I was set up to automatically pay every month. Not sure if it will straighten itself out now that I have done it once... remembering to do this every month will be a pain.

chrissurra likes this.
  11. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    CFP
    Is it safe to assume that you're on auto-pay if, when you log in, it says "You Will Be Charged On: 3/15/11" and if you're NOT on auto-pay, it simply says "Date Due: 3/15/11" ?

12. KentInPhilly

KentInPhilly Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    That is what I assumed.... the site said I would be charged on 3/8/11, but this morning I was unable to send a text message or browse the web until I went online and actively made a payment.

I'd prefer they bill me automatically so I don't have to deal with it every month. I'll have to see how it works next month. It is a good thing I sent the text out this morning -- otherwise I may have been without service today and not realized it.

Tags: