1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

redownload app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DSI10, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DSI10

DSI10 Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Hi I'm new to android, I have been using an iPhone for the past 3 yrs & prior to that windows mobile phones. using an HTC EVO, can't take the AT&T Service in NY anymore.

Question 1: If I purchase an app, if I delete it & reinstall (download) it will I get charged again?

Question 2: Also I notice that if I go back to the app it says to reinstall and refund? You can get a refund after downloading it?

Question 3: can I backup all my apps? Like itunes?

Sorry for all the questions just new and Android seems alittle different than Apple. Responses appreciated

Advertisement

2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    Nope, as long as the phone is using the same Google account that you were using when you purchased the app it will apprear in your Downloads list and you can re-install it for free.

You can get a refund within 24 hours of purchasing an app. This gives you the oppertunity to test it and if you don't like it you can un-install and request a refund.

There are several apps you can use to backup your apps and app data (just search backup in the Market). The only one I know of that will completly backup your apps and restore the link to the Market place after a restore is Titanium Backup but this requires your phone to be rooted.

What's root? It's half the fun of having an Android phone. Here's a link to the Evo 'All things root' forum.