1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Redownloading apps from Market?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thelonewizard, May 22, 2011.

1. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Android Enthusiast

Alright. I searched through other threads, and they don't answer my question. The other day, I tried rooting my samsung intercept, and it failed. I bricked itm so then I had to un-brick it myself. Not terribly hard, but that's not the point. I didn't have any backup program other than ASTRO, and it doesn't count as downloading from the market. So anyway, the apps that I DO have through ASTRO are now outdated, and the market doesn't want to redownload them. I was told on Android 2.2 the market would automatically redownload them. Almost a week later, they're still not there. Anything I can do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Astro does not relink your apps with the market after restoring, you need to be rooted and use an app like titanium to restore the linking. The only other way is to redownload the apps from the market.

3. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast

unfortunately i have never heard of the market redownloading them for you... in cases like that, you have to "do it yourself"... i would suggest the app Titanium Backup in the market
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup
    this app will backup all your apps and data to your sd card... just like a nandroid backup, back up your apps with this before you flash another rom, etc... then, run titanium... restore your apps... (all at once...) and your done... very helpfull and use full... IMHO

4. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Android Enthusiast

Therein lies the problem, the rooting method I tried failed miserably. And yes, I have been told by moderators on this site (EarlyMon, for instance) that Andord 2.2 will auto-redownload your previously downloaded apps.

And I am aware ASTRO doesn't link them with the market. I have no idea how to link them.

To be honest, it's not that big of a deal. I'm getting the EVO 3D on launch day, anyway.

5. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Try QuikMarketLinks.

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Sometimes it does redownload the apps automatically. I have seen it happen just once. It's fickle.