1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Redux 1.2 - Camera & File Storage Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geemacd, Jul 11, 2011.

1. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member
    None

Some of you know of the issues I have been having with what I thought was a dodgy sd card, then potentially a combination of having Redux + a different camera + a different kernal on board that was causing issues with image files.

Today I have completely started from scratch, formatted the new sd card & reflashed Redux, reinstalled my apps but done nothing else (no alternative kernal or alternative camera) and everything looked okay until ....

Took a couple of pictures and plugged phone into laptop and pictures were there, did this a couple of times and all was good, until .....

I deleted one of the pictures through the pc and took some more photo's, now none of the new ones will show up via the pc but I can see them through the phone gallery ....

I can also see the deleted picture's thumbnail within the thumbnail gallery that I am guessing is created when you look into the gallery via the phone. Reboot the phone and I can see them through the pc

Taking pics with the phone is a major for me and its making me think I may have to use a different ROM.

Has anyone else got this issue or seen anything like it it ?

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    this is interesting, how are you dismounting from the pc? are you just pulling the cable?
    try a different rom entirely like cm7 light and see how it goes

very odd though as no ones reported issues like that with redux

just a thought but could something on your pc be corrupting the files?

Tags: