• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [REF] THE Battery Calibration Method

Observation - I made two attempts 5 days apart. Both times I pulled the battery within a couple of seconds of the LG Logo. Both times I replaced the battery as instructed the phone would not juice up, I was bummed. I find that little vibration from the phone gratifying. (I've been scared before.) nonetheless I had to disconnect/reconnect. It booted up at 96% both times.

I just did it again and I was a little bit quicker to put the battery back in. The phone started charging on its own like it should. So now I am at 90%. Seems like it could be lower based on the other results. I'll try one more time. Then I might be open to just about most any suggestions that are reasonable. I'm interested to see what the boosting method will do.

The battery did pretty amazing when it was still rooted in stock, though it did have its dysfunctions. Something I must have done when I flashed to #2. I wonder where it went bad. I miss my 20+ hours of charge. I don't think it's the rom that's giving me only 5-6 hours battery life. Ack.

Wiping stats/ calibration was useless.
this method worked awesome for me, i didn't promise anyone better results i was just sharing my findings so people can try :D

i have 1 question tho... is your name sparklz (girl) or spark L'z (guy) lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones