• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reflased from Monster 5 back to 4 problem.

I flashed Monster 5 to check to see all what was good about it. I noticed that some things where not what I expected and reflashed back to Monster 4 I wiped all data and the usual stuff.
I flashed to monster 4 and booted it up fine but now there seems to be 2 roms on the phone.
It has the old Monster 5 and the Monster 4 on it as when I press the Back or Home button it gives my 2 launchers one named TwLauncher and the other Launcher.
TW leads me to the Monster 5 and the regular Launcher leads me to Monster 4.

I tried wiping again but I get cache error and I tried reflashing but still not luck.

I flashed Monster 5 to check to see all what was good about it. I noticed that some things where not what I expected and reflashed back to Monster 4 I wiped all data and the usual stuff.
I flashed to monster 4 and booted it up fine but now there seems to be 2 roms on the phone.
It has the old Monster 5 and the Monster 4 on it as when I press the Back or Home button it gives my 2 launchers one named TwLauncher and the other Launcher.
TW leads me to the Monster 5 and the regular Launcher leads me to Monster 4.

I tried wiping again but I get cache error and I tried reflashing but still not luck.

Hmmm.... Do you have a nandroid backup of the monster 4?

Upvote 0
Doesnt seem like you wiped the system, and the playstore error is from trying not letting the phone sync up properly. Your suppose to flash then go into the settings menu, log into your gmail account and wait about 10 to 15 mins, its better of ypu are on wifi. You are either going to have to restore a backup or reflash the rom

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... Do you have a nandroid backup of the monster 4?
Sadly no..

Doesnt seem like you wiped the system, and the playstore error is from trying not letting the phone sync up properly. Your suppose to flash then go into the settings menu, log into your gmail account and wait about 10 to 15 mins, its better of ypu are on wifi. You are either going to have to restore a backup or reflash the rom
I just tried doing it a different way now, I'm hoping to see if anything changed.
Still no luck, I still think that Monster 5 might be on the phone as well.
Since after I sign in using my google account and will pop up back up saying to sign in my google account, which makes me sign in 2x.

Upvote 0
Sadly no..

I just tried doing it a different way now, I'm hoping to see if anything changed.
Still no luck, I still think that Monster 5 might be on the phone as well.
Since after I sign in using my google account and will pop up back up saying to sign in my google account, which makes me sign in 2x.

Flash another rom and this thing wipe everything except the sd card. Maybe that will fix it or maybe its parts of monster 4 idk ive never been on anything lower monster 5.3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones