• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reflash HTC Wildfire back to factory T-Mobile UK settings

mby

Dec 23, 2010
Rooting my Android HTC Wildfire was a mistake now I can't get 2.2 on it. I need to reflash it back to the original HTC Wildfire T-Mobile UK firmware so I can re install my apps and then use the phone as it came from factory. Can you please tell me a way to do this?

If there's a better way can you also share that please?

To sum up, I want to remove any traces of a root from my HTC Wildfire. Removing all info is not a problem at all.

PLEASE help me with this :) Thank you so much!

ok cool you need to flash with stock rom theres a site here for them but they take forever to download. you need to make a gold card first so your memory card needs to be formated sorry so backup any data on there.
download the gold card program.
ZumoDrive - GoldCardTool_0.0.5.zip

Make sure USB debugging mode is on and charge only mode is selected when you plug the phone in.

Click GET CID in program

then go to this site where it will generate a gold card and send it to your email.

Free HTC android goldcard generator | Phone System Analysis Software - PSAS

download the goldcard from your email and in the program click
LoadGoldCard.img

find the goldcard and click Patch MMC

thats your gold card done now here the easy part :)

Download Froyo ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe

Plug phone in and Run the file make sure charge only is on and USB debugging is on

WARNING this will wipe the phone so backup first if it doesnt work and comes up with a Error reply back and i will get it working for you.

Make sure you wait for it to complete and DONT !!!!! take the USB cable out or your phone will be a paperweight.

Reactions: mby
Upvote 0
ok cool you need to flash with stock rom theres a site here for them but they take forever to download. you need to make a gold card first so your memory card needs to be formated sorry so backup any data on there.
download the gold card program.
ZumoDrive - GoldCardTool_0.0.5.zip

Make sure USB debugging mode is on and charge only mode is selected when you plug the phone in.

Click GET CID in program

then go to this site where it will generate a gold card and send it to your email.

Free HTC android goldcard generator | Phone System Analysis Software - PSAS

download the goldcard from your email and in the program click
LoadGoldCard.img

find the goldcard and click Patch MMC

thats your gold card done now here the easy part :)

Download Froyo ZumoDrive - RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_signed.exe

Plug phone in and Run the file make sure charge only is on and USB debugging is on

WARNING this will wipe the phone so backup first if it doesnt work and comes up with a Error reply back and i will get it working for you.

Make sure you wait for it to complete and DONT !!!!! take the USB cable out or your phone will be a paperweight.

Hello,

Thank you so much! I'm just doing the gold card image now, and will update you when done.

Your help is appreciated soooo much :)

Upvote 0
no problem :) if you have any error when installing just reply back ok because i know how to fix them having probably every error possible lol usually only to do with he drivers.

Also make sure HTC sysc isnt running just in case.

Hi again,

I've just gotten an error 170 (connection error). The phone is connected with debugging mode switched on, in charge mode and HTC Sync isn't even installed :(

What is the solution to fix this?

By the way: Is that version of Froyo the unmodified version that I would get if I was to do an OTA update?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
its alright im back now lets install the 64 bit drivers
Right click my computer and click properties
then click on device manager
plug your phone in make sure USB debugging is on
in device manager you should see at the top Android USB
Devices in there should be " My HTC"
Right click MY HTC and click "update driver software"
Click "Browse computer for driver software"
Click "let me pick from a list"
Click "have disk"
Click "browse"
a windows should come up go to
My computer
c drive local disk
program files (x84)
HTC
HTC driver
Driver files
Win7_x64
click androidusb and click Open
Click OK
Click Next then close Driver should have udated
now we have to install the X64 bit boot driver

Take lead out of phone
Turn off phone
Hold down the down volume key and press the power button once while holding the down volume key
wait until some green writing comes up
then press the power button once
Fastboot USB should come up in red
in device manager you must install the driver like before so do the same steps as before
e.i
Right click MY HTC under Android USB Devices
when you click have disk
browse
it might open the folder automatically and pick androidusb like before.

when thats done take lead out of phone go down to reboot and press the power button once
when the phone restarts put the lead back in and run the file again
Make sure you wait until it says Finished and dont remove the lead it might restart the phone once or twice don't panic let it be it may take 5-10 minutes.

Post back when done :)

Reactions: mby
Upvote 0
its alright im back now lets install the 64 bit drivers
Right click my computer and click properties
then click on device manager
plug your phone in make sure USB debugging is on
in device manager you should see at the top Android USB
Devices in there should be " My HTC"
Right click MY HTC and click "update driver software"
Click "Browse computer for driver software"
Click "let me pick from a list"
Click "have disk"
Click "browse"
a windows should come up go to
My computer
c drive local disk
program files (x84)
HTC
HTC driver
Driver files
Win7_x64
click androidusb and click Open
Click OK
Click Next then close Driver should have udated
now we have to install the X64 bit boot driver

Take lead out of phone
Turn off phone
Hold down the down volume key and press the power button once while holding the down volume key
wait until some green writing comes up
then press the power button once
Fastboot USB should come up in red
in device manager you must install the driver like before so do the same steps as before
e.i
Right click MY HTC under Android USB Devices
when you click have disk
browse
it might open the folder automatically and pick androidusb like before.

when thats done take lead out of phone go down to reboot and press the power button once
when the phone restarts put the lead back in and run the file again
Make sure you wait until it says Finished and dont remove the lead it might restart the phone once or twice don't panic let it be it may take 5-10 minutes.

Post back when done :)

Hi there,

Thanks for your response! In device manager I see "Android Phone" and then underneath that, "Android ADB Interface". I don't see any reference to My HTC. Do I choose this one?

I don't have the HTC Sync software installed for drivers as I've never connected it to my computer before except to use for SD card purposes. Do I need to install this?

Just wanted to check this before I went any further.

Thanks!

Matt

Upvote 0
your welcome i have had no isssues as its the Official Update i dont think anything will go wrong with it. oh and heres a app you should download
before you do update the market if you have wi-fi connect to it turn sync on and open the market press home and wait about 5 minutes then the market will update
download this app search for it
App 2 SD its usefull when you download a app it will tell you if it can me moved to the SD card :)

Upvote 0
your welcome i have had no isssues as its the Official Update i dont think anything will go wrong with it. oh and heres a app you should download
before you do update the market if you have wi-fi connect to it turn sync on and open the market press home and wait about 5 minutes then the market will update
download this app search for it
App 2 SD its usefull when you download a app it will tell you if it can me moved to the SD card :)

Thank you so much! I'll download that app now.

Thanks! Have a nice day! :)

Upvote 0
hey, just joined up, hope everyone is well.

rite am wanting to ask, have wildfire, having probs with the messages, sticks wen typing in msgs, then comes bk saying, ( in process com.android.mms not reponding) or (activtys message not reponding) both ask 2 force close or wait.
also trying 2 delete msgs, wont let me, takes ages and never deletes. is this a problem with the fone or maybe its coz i have 2 much msgs in my inbox, and maybe thats why its running slow.
b grateful if anyone could tell me anything.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones