• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root reflashing over the top and a2sd+

deanshep85

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2010
UK
very stupid question here, but I want to reflash GV back over my current GV I have as I have made some changes to the rom zip, i.e removed some apks not needed..I know if I reflash, my apps/data etc stays the same, but does a2sd+? or does it revert the devalik back to the phone for me to then have to do the whole su root thing again?

right so I will lose the a2sd+ for the time being once I reflash...what will happen to the stuff on the phone already though?

I mean wont it then try to push everything properly back onto the phone or will they just sit there on the partition eagerly waiting for me to su it all again?

Upvote 0
tried both a2sd reinstall & a2sd repair as commands no luck,also could you tell me if my terminal term? is correct, it is #export Path=/data/local/bin:$PAT

edit-also would not being s-off be a problem?
You don't need S-Off to control DarkTremor.

If the export command you quote above is accurate then there are two problems (but they may be typing errors on copying into the post, so please check). It should read:

#export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

Remember, computers are dumb - every character has to be present, correct, and in the correct case :)

Upvote 0
Try a2sd reinstall or a2sd repair first

I am using GV 2.8 when i used a2sd cachesd the phone reboots and evry app on phone seems to be force closing any idea ......plzzz

the ap2sd is working i used Quick System info and the memory is being filled ...

the internal memory is also being used ... i am 0n 79 mb now..so any way to move dalvik cache to SD-EXT...th nx in advance

Upvote 0
Yes, when you use a2sd cachesd, the phone does reboot and many apps may force close initially. The internal memory is always used, even when dalvik is on ext.

After another reboot, do the apps then work?

You can always download a2sdGUI from teh market to see whats where
i didnt know that it can work the again so i wiped everything using clockword mod recovery and applied update.zip...

ok i will try the gui version

so shud i retry ?

_______________***UPDATE *****---------------------

I got it done by using GUI tool ..... and iam Now 131 MB free on internal memory

HUrrray....

i did'nt know that i can gain so much by rooting lot of thanx main ...U Rock!

Upvote 0
I dont even know if you need to retry. Doing the command with the reboot probably would have done it. Although any wipe of dalvik or data since would undo it.

A2sd Gui is just an interface on the market for dark tremor. It will show you what settings are currently in place and can change them by pressing a button

ya still got a problem ... son=metimes i boot the card appears to be blank (is says ) ... and same things happens again and again ... any ideas

Upvote 0
I will say 2.8 GV seems to have loads of lil bugs when first using with a2sd, I can't remember how many times I had to wipe/reflash to get the su a2sd cache thing to work 100%...almost drove me to use another ROM, which I didn't really want as I love gingervillian...cant wait til 2.9 and see what goodies we get (if we do)

Upvote 0
I will say 2.8 GV seems to have loads of lil bugs when first using with a2sd, I can't remember how many times I had to wipe/reflash to get the su a2sd cache thing to work 100%...almost drove me to use another ROM, which I didn't really want as I love gingervillian...cant wait til 2.9 and see what goodies we get (if we do)

ya its same here and now i m using CM7 .... but its on 2.3.3 ... but its flawless up to now......thnx buddy for sharing i was feeling alone experiencing the same

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones