• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reflashing ROM

elbow

Lurker
Aug 31, 2009
Could some one give me a definitive set of steps for reflashing the ROM back to original HTC? I'm getting quite confused. Is there an official HTC ROM that can be downloaded or do they all come from enthusuats' bedrooms?

Also, does this equate to rooting and will it invalidate my warranty?

Thanks.

Could some one give me a definitive set of steps for reflashing the ROM back to original HTC?

I'm assuming from the above that you've already installed a third-party ROM, so the easiest/safest way would be to restore the backup you made prior to that. ;)

Is there an official HTC ROM that can be downloaded or do they all come from enthusuats' bedrooms?

Not quite. While there's no 'official' download source available, the generic HTC/Orange/T-mobile ROMs are available for easy installation here.

Also, does this equate to rooting and will it invalidate my warranty?

No, rooting is a separate procedure often included in third-party ROMs or applied to stock ones. As to the question of warranty..... probably. I'm sure any excuse to wriggle out of liability will be seized upon. ;)

/Al

Upvote 0
Actually no. By "back" I mean get it back to the factory ROM and away from the Orange ROM.

Ahh, in that case just use the latest generic HTC update.zip and you're sorted. You're probably best doing a wipe from the recovery menu prior to running update.zip so that you start with a clean slate, so to speak. Oh, and make a Nandroid backup (also available from recovery menu) before doing anything, in case Murphy strikes. :)

/Al

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones