1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories Reflective Screen protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by njoker, Jun 3, 2010.

1. njoker

njoker Active Member

May 7, 2010

Advertisement

2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Midlothian, Va
    Seems like it would reduce visibility a lot...I would never get one of those.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    They are absolutely terrible. I got two of them for my Omnia and it was the worst thing ever. Visibility goes down a LOT, even in normal conditions. And try using it in high light (not even out doors) and you can't even see the screen. Oh, and the fingerprints. ooooh the fingerprints >.<

4. Bredwell

Bredwell New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Tech stuff
    I purchased one of these for my Incredible. it's fine for indoor use and the holographic effect is kind of cool - but for outdoor use, it is HORRIBLE!

I take pictures with my awesome camera and can't even see what I've taken. I can read the screen if the background is good contrast, but seeing the graphical images is basically useless.

I would NOT recommend this mirrored type. I took it off and now I can see the graphical images as nature intended them. Annoying though - especially after the fact that I got the screen protector on PERFECT the first time. Figures . . .:mad:

5. Blackrad11

Blackrad11 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Peoria, ILL
    i have one for my storm and i love it i can take pics of it if you would like an post them to see if you like it i like it giving a cool look it is true that its hard to see in high light only down fall of it

6. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Western KY
    PLZ, PLZ, listen to these comments and DO NOT buy a mirror'd screen protector. I had one on my Env Touch and thought it was cool at first. That's before I tried using the phone.

I was worried about how everybody said that you couldn't see the Incredible's screen outdoors. When I got my Dinc I was amazed that you can actually use phones outside. With a chrome protector you will not be able to. Dinc's screen outdoors is a million times better than any screen with a mirror'd protector.

Oh, and the fingerprints are horrible.