• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Refugee from the WinMo camp

leekuanyew

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Hi :)

Pretty sure many of you guys here are/were in the same boat as me.. specifically, the boat leaving the desolate island of WinMo 6+ to the paradise of Android island :D

I have a month old Moto milestone (apparently its called the droid too? confusing) and ive been quite happy so far. Far better than my htc diamond which crashed every other day, on top of lagging like a dehydrated snail.

I hail from a sunny tropical island called Singapore, which is pretty much dominated by the iphone clique (the noveau riche here spend loads on apple products). As a university student, i'm a rare android user in a sea of other students toting macbook pros, ipod touches and iphones - sometimes it seems almost everywhere i turn there are people showing off all manner of lame apps on their iphoneys. So i'm hoping android will in due time show its mettle :)

Until then, i'd be happy to just try out interesting and innovative apps on android, and discuss new OS updates etc :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones