1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Refurbished Evo has terrible buzzing in earpiece!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustymonkey83, Jul 31, 2011.

1. dustymonkey83

dustymonkey83 Newbie
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Best Buy Home Theater Associate
    Michigan
    Okay, I am officially ticked off! I had to return my 1 year old Evo to Best Buy because the micro USB port was broken and I have their protection plan on my Evo. So they sent it out to rapid exchange and I got a refurbished Evo back. It looks shiny and new and is fast - the camera actually works BETTER than my other one - and everything appears to be normal...but it has a HORRIBLE buzzing/rattling sound in the earpiece during calls! Even with the call volume turned down it still occurs....

Now I am debating whether or not to return this one; I had go 4 days without a phone waiting for this one, I don't want to go another 4 days without a phone. I use my Evo mostly for picture taking, texting and internet so I am thinking of just keeping it and returning it later if the buzzing because worse. It is bothersome, but not sure if the trouble is worth it or not.

I am just ticked that I paid $600 for the phone and pay the $10 a month for BB's insurance ($120 for it so far!) and they give me a refurbished phone with problems.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, were you able to correct it? What do you think my chances of going into BB and complaining about the wait and the money I have spent so far would result in them swapping it out in store for a NEW Evo?

Advertisement

2. dustymonkey83

dustymonkey83 Newbie
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Best Buy Home Theater Associate
    Michigan
    I forgot to add - I pay the $7 a month to Sprint for their insurance too. Would they fix this at a Sprint store for me?

Tags: