1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Refurbished or used...

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Tempusfugit, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast

What is the definition of refurbished pertaining to the warranty for new phones on Sprint?

If someone returns a phone for an issue, do they have to repair it to sell it as refurbished? Or can they just take it from a customer, factory reset, and pass it off as refurbished to the next warranty claim?

If someone returns a phone within the 30 days with no issue, do they have to do any sort of official inspection, or again, just wipe data and send on to the next customer??

Do I have a right to see reason for returns and any refurbishment that was actually done before I take a refurbished phone?

--

The reason I'm asking is this - I had light leakage, took phone to get repaired, they tried, said they couldn't fix it, so they would replace it. The "refurbished" phone they tried to replace it with had far worse light leakage. They wouldn't let me look at any other refurbished phones, so I took the old phone back. They actually DID fix the light leakage, but damaged the phone in the process(light under search button no longer works). After wasting an entire day in the store, I had to talk to customer service for 3 hours, being escalated 4 times, just to get the store to agree to let me try a different refurbished EVO. So I'm going in tomorrow, but at this point, I need proof that the phone either never had reported issues, or was properly fixed. Unfortunately this repair center saying they fixed it doesn't mean much.

Regardless of tomorrow's outcome, I am strongly considering a lawsuit against sprint for making it so difficult to get warranty work done(I've seen numerous posts from other users with the same problem), but I think this route would be easier if its illegal to pass a phone with a known issue as refurbished without fixing it, like they obviously did.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download