• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Refusing To Charge

MzCran

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
Hi all. Brand new here, I'm not real tech savvy so if you respond, please talk to me like I'm an idiot so I get it...:D
I've had my Droid Eris since May - randomly it refuses to charge. Have had it plugged in all day, or overnight, and woken up with it not starting at all or the red battery picture yelling at me to charge it. It's not my outlet. I've taken the battery out and put it back in. It's currently plugged in to my PC as a last resort but it's doing nothing (do I do more than just....plug it into the PC?). Any suggestions before I head down to the VZ Wireless store??
Thank you!

My friend and I both got an Eris at the same Tim and her phone wouldn't charge as soon as she got it we didnt know why and verizon just sent her a new one because she was in the first 30 days. 3 weeks. Later my phone refused to charge and it wasnt the outlet because I tried multiple outlets. I eventually called verizon ans they told me it was my port and my phone had to be replaced but since it was in the first 30 days I didnt have to pay. During the call they told me my insurance would not have covered it over 30 days because it doesnt cover the port. There's no fix for the port so you will need to buy a new phone outright.

Upvote 0
Last time I checked the warranty on a new phone is 1 year, not 30 days. Many people here have had their phone since its release last November, and I don't think I have ever heard of anyone not getting a replacement for a hardware defect. After 30 days they will more than likely send you a refurbished phone, not a new one, but they WILL replace it.

Upvote 0
I didn't try a different USB cable. It's only a couple months old, I'm just surprised I'm having this issue. It's not the first time but before it would finally just kick in and I'd get a green light that it was charging. Guess I'll head down to the store today and see what they have to say...thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones