1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

regained root with 4.1.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kobra7734, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Kobra7734

Kobra7734 Newbie

unitypunk likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

Good find

3. Kobra7734

Kobra7734 Newbie

not big on trying the untested but am too used to having root already bricked my c771 twice so i am extra careful

4. rjglenn

So you did it and it worked, or are you just reporting something you found?

5. Kobra7734

Kobra7734 Newbie

no i did it and have root back

rjglenn likes this.
  6. rjglenn

7. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

Now people like me on CWM need an update.zip for 4.1.2. :)

8. rjglenn

A word of caution about the above referenced root method:

PSA : DO NOT Use Kingo Root & VRoot to Root Your Android Device

Seems like all things good & bad come from China. I am reluctant to install & use a program on my computer,, written in a language I have no hope of reading to exploit my phone that I rely on every day.

9. rjglenn

And yes, its painful because I am walking away from over a years worth or business and personal text messages. Anybody know how to restore a tibu backup of text messages to a non-rooted phone?

10. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

You have to be rooted. If you have TiBU backup of the messaging app and data you can restore.

11. rjglenn

I found an app on the market that I was able to do the transfer with.

12. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

Awesome!

13. Kobra7734

Kobra7734 Newbie

If u can explain to me how to get it I will try

14. Doctoror

Doctoror Well-Known Member

I already got one thanks to member rdwilson. I will create a thread with zip after fully tested.

unitypunk likes this.
  15. rdcrabtree67

rdcrabtree67 Lurker

Unrooted c811 will not update I'm thinking during root must have change something to cause this hard reset did not work either suggestions?

16. rjglenn

17. rdcrabtree67

rdcrabtree67 Lurker

18. rdcrabtree67

rdcrabtree67 Lurker

How do you use this i unzipped have files on my computer

19. rjglenn

If you are not familiar with working in android recovery and flashing files you are going to want to read up on it first. One false move can brick your phone. I cannot be responsible for what you may do to your phone.

That being said confirm that you have root on your M050 Commando. Download and install Flashify from the play store. Download the CWM recovery image from here:

http://androidforums.com/commando-4g-lte-all-things-root/842808-rom-stock-jelly-bean-4-1-2-m050.html#post6532554

and save it somewhere on your phone where you can find it, like to root of your external SD card. Next download the M070 update from here:

http://androidforums.com/casio-g-zone-commando-4g-lte/878959-rom-stock-c811-m070-firmware-zip-file-4-1-2-a.html#post6771325

and save it to the root of you external SD card. Do not unzip it.

Run Flashify and give it SU permission. Select flash recovery and pick the CWM recovery from the list and flash it. Reboot into recovery and select "flash zip from SD card" then "choose zip from external SD card" and then select the M070 update and flash it. Reboot into the updated M070 Commando.

Doctoror likes this.

Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews