1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Regarding mobile data network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dakshay95, Mar 2, 2013.

1. dakshay95

dakshay95 Newbie

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos which I use for browsing the Internet using my Airtel SIM. The network keeps getting disconnected every 3-4 minutes. Is this a problem due to my provider or is there a problem with my mobile?

Also, why does the Status bar show '3G' or 'H' when I have a 2G connection? The status bar shows '3G' for a few seconds and then 'H' and so forth. Is this normal? So basically, my phone shows 'H' and '3G' but the download speed is only 14-15 KB/s. Why is this happening?

EDIT: Okay so I found out that Airtel offers two modes: 2G and 3G mode. I had a 2G data pack but 3G mode was enabled, that's why the status bar was displaying 3G. I disabled 3G mode and now it's displaying 'E' for EDGE. But there's no difference in the speed

2. iamharnad

iamharnad Lurker

3G = 364 KBPS connection
    HSDPA (also called 3.5G) = 1.5 = 3 MBPS connection

Both are used for connecting to your network for Internet. If your phone has 3G or HSDPA support, the only way to have either is to be in a NETWORK that supports it.
    i
    and the symbol display depends on network mode u have fixed and data receives.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews