1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

? regarding video taken with the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by finn5975, Dec 29, 2011.

1. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

If this has already been covered, I apologize and please merge. I did not find anything similar.

I notice when playing back videos I take with the phone, whether recorded using 720p or 1080p, and particularly when not using flash, that I can see continuous refocusing during the video. Not only is it evident that the camera is refocusing, but it causes lighting variations in the video as well. It has become more and more distracting. I find it to be worse indoors than outdoors with very bright lighting.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. finn5975

Guess I am the only one. But, that means its not doing it on others' phones and that is a good thing :)

3. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member

I have never heard anyone else list this particular problem. Have you dropped or done extensive tinkering with you camera setting? How long have you had your ReZound?

4. finn5975

I've had it about three weeks. Maybe it was isolated. The phone has been perfect otherwise. I've never dropped it. I just wanted to see if it was widespread.

5. Blackthanos

I definitely don't think it's widespread. If it were it would be all over this forum. If you haven't had any accidents with it or installed any questionable software then my recommendation would be to take it back and exchange it while you are still in your 4 week window if it's getting really annoying to you. Do understand that there is a chance you will get a refurb phone if you do that so it "may" be like playing russian roulette. At the very least I would take it to the Verizon store and show the manager there what its doing. He may have a solution to the problem or who knows he may swap it out for a new one right there.(Be sure to test it out there in the store if he does.)

finn5975 likes this.
  6. finn5975

VIDEO0014.mp4 video by finn5975 - Photobucket

Would you all mind doing me a big favor? I uploaded a video to give an idea of what I am seeing. It is only 33 seconds long. If you look at the multi-color safety padding behind the ball pit, you should notice that it almost looks like it is 'blinking'. The video compressed while uploading to the website so it isn't quite as prevalent as if you were watching on my phone or computer.

Thank you for taking the time to watch. If you don't mind, please let me know if you think it is normal, or an issue. I just pointed the camera and pressed record. The flash was off during the recording. I was not tapping the screen to re-focus. Suggestions? Thanks!!

7. Blackthanos

Well I couldn't see it on my pc but i can see it very well on my phone. Again I can't say why it's doing that but I'll stick with my original answer and say take it to Verizon and if they can't fix it there, and it annoying enough to you then get them to swap it out for you with a new one while you can.

finn5975 likes this.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews