1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Region-Specific Galaxy Nexus Models?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rankin001, Dec 21, 2011.

1. rankin001

rankin001 Lurker

I know there are at least two different versions of the Galaxy Nexus (one with LTE, and one without it). However, I was wondering if someone could also confirm if there are versions of the Galaxy Nexus being sold with only specific bands enabled (ie. region-specific) as supposed to the full range (2G quad, 3G penta).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

not that i'm aware of.

GSM
    CDMA/LTE

that is the only two at the moment.

3. WoodrowB

WoodrowB Newbie

There are variants of the GSM model. The Canadian version, for example, is a i9250m instead of an i9250.

I wonder if there are others?

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

isn't that just a variant in model #. I guess you are correct tho places like AUS and Canada would be diff band versions.

OP can you go a little deeper by what you mean by "region specific"

5. rankin001

rankin001 Lurker

I mean region-specific as in only certain bands enabled for the device, rather than the full spectrum (2G quad, 3G penta). For example, I know the Nexus S had a North American version and a European version (among others)... their supported bands were different.

I'm asking this because I'm thinking of purchasing the phone from a non-service provider retailer (like Expansys)... I want to make sure that the one I purchase will not be missing North American bands. I learned this the hard way a few years back.

6. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Android Enthusiast

Purchased mine from Amazon UK:

Inside the case, under the battery, (complete with European "CE" mark, "Conformit

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews