• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Regret getting this phone?

i'm afraid I am also experiencing some laggyness (?!). Delays in opening the homescreen to opening pictures.

Its smooth most of the time but I am experiencing issues I havent had with the Desire.

The battery is on day 2 and lasted 12 hours. not bad and will still get stronger. Not impressed with the issues though.

I have removed smart keyboard so dont think its that. In fact I have ALL the same apps as on the desire.

Upvote 0
Im regretting this phone, not for the phone itself but the issues that have come from it from carphone warehouse and orange i've literally been on the phone with them since sunday!

But yeh i've started to experience a laggyness today and im not really sure why all I really use my phone for is to tweet, facebook, text and call and take photos and play games. Strangely when I added the Orange/T-mobile signal thing it started to get laggy and constantly ask me for a network which is very very annoying.

Upvote 0
You've also got to make sure you let your battery fully drain (to the point where the phone turns off) and then charge it to full, and then a bit more, several times. Without doing this the battery will not calibrate properly and you'll definitely be getting no where near as much life out of it as you could be.

This is terrible advice. Li-ion batteries do not "like" to be drained fully. It lowers their life expectancy.

Upvote 0
I am also experiencing lag. If I reboot the phone, it doesn't happen straight away, maybe 12 hours or so later. Am on t-mobile and my old Desire was too, and that initially became laggy in the same way, until I rooted and put Leedroid rom on it...didn't have a problem with lag after that! Am wondering if it's anything to do with t-mobile adding any extra software? Are people on other networks experiencing the same problems? Are the people not experiencing lag/problems on sim free/unlocked phones?

Upvote 0
This is terrible advice. Li-ion batteries do not "like" to be drained fully. It lowers their life expectancy.
If you let the phone's charge run out, there will still be enough juice in the battery not to damage it otherwise everyone would be screwed every time their phone ran out of battery.

It's more a matter of letting the battery indicator calibrate to accurately reflect the battery's actual charge.

I agree they can degrade it but you should only use this method for a few days, for the above reason, then I've read that this can provide better battery performance.

Upvote 0
Could those of you seeing this 'lag' please try and give me a better idea of it?

So, on my Galaxy S (without lagfix), the lag can easily be several seconds opening/closing an app, often with a black screen.

How does what you're seeing compare?

For me, that's exactly what happens...also scrolling menus & internet pages can be jerky not smooth, and as previously mentioned when typing it can take a second for text to appear!

Upvote 0
I am too starting to regret getting this phone.

First the positives though:

Good quick hardware - no lag here
Nice Camera
Customisation adds potential.

But I'm fed up with:

Android Market being screwed - been trying to download stuff for 24 hours with no luck.

The lack of a stock file manager on the phone - meaning I can't just grab the APK off the net and install.

The non working HTC Sense - the main reason I chose the DHD

HTC being too LAZY to produce a Mac version of HTC Sync

And HTC Sync not recognising my phone

The all or nothing option when importing Facebook contacts.

Android not being as easy as iOS to use, takes such a long time to find what you want - still not found out how I can alter some settings. I know I can look at the manual but that's no good when I am out and about.

The inability when I was setting up the phone to import the stuff from my iPhone 3G, did as it said and it refused to recognise it.

Various other gripes.

The good thing is though, I believe that these problems will sort themselves out, as annoying as they are. Mainly software issues, and a little bit of learning on my part

FOR F**KS SAKE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS S**TY HTC SENSE, keeps importing my Facebook contacts without me asking and now I have a load of surplus phone numbers that I can't get rid of. Hard reset AGAIN, I am really fed up of this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones