1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Regretting this galaxy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mylinuxbox, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mylinuxbox

mylinuxbox Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2009
    Have taken over my wifes galaxy s because she hated all the extra features. Now I am regretting ever getting it.

I am on Orange uk.

1 - Whenever the phone connects to 3g the internet stops responding. Any program that requires internet does not work.

If the phone is on wifi, hsdpa or 2g the internet works.

Does anyone else on orange with the galaxy s have this issue?

2 - I have a data package. I use email a lot for business. On my old hero I could use the android pop application without problem. On the galaxy s there is an imap/pop application. I input all my details the server is polled and emails arrive. I read the emails, exit the program and when I reopen the program the emails are gone. If the servers are polled and I do not get to read them before the servers are polled again then the first messages are gone.

If I login online to my mail server the emails are there, just not on my phone. This was never the issue on the hero. On that phone the messages stayed until I chose to delete them. I have not set the application to auto delete.

If I use the Orange email application the new emails are received and not deleted and more importantly my entire inbox, sent etc are downloaded and is an exact mirror of the mail server.

You may think I should just use the Orange application, but that is a paid for service on top of the data bundle.

Is anyone else getting these problems either on Orange or the galaxy s on another network?

Advertisement

2. Ih4teKies

Ih4teKies Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    Student
    London, United Kingdom
    I am also on Orange UK. I debranded mine to a pure U.K Stock firmware 2.2.1 ages ago.

What problems are you having? which email do you use?

I would strongly advise you to getting your phone de-branded. You can do this yourself or go to the nearest Samsung Repair Centre and they will do this for you in less than an hour for free. It makes a hell of a difference. And you don't need all the crap Orange bloatware on your phone. So much faster than the firmware Orange puts on the phone.

RE: 3G symbol
    3G logo is just meant to be there. When you are actually "surfing-using data download/upload it will change to the H symbol and back to 3G when you're not using 3g data. Just think of it as a symbol to say that the area where you are in has 3G network.

3. LEE69

LEE69 Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    UK
    Wife uses gmail on her orange contract, unbranded phone with no problems.

4. mylinuxbox

mylinuxbox Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2009
    Lee 69 - I do not use gmail. It is my own domain.

Kies - I get that when it is not using internet then it just shows 3g. maybe I didn't describe the issue well. I get thus when I an trying to use internet and do not have an hsdpa connection, just 3g.

Mine also does but show the H just 3g +