• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Regular vs extended battery

X24

Jan 3, 2010
I was wondering what kind of battery life increase you guys who picked up extended batteries have been seeing. It does seem like a very small bump in juice, but if it adds a decent chunk of real world time, I'll definitely jump on the $25 deal!

So what have your experiences been?

Does anyone know if this extended battery will also work for the unlocked GSM model? I know that the dimensions of the GSM model are slightly different than the Verizon model to begin with but I'm not sure if it's enought to effect the use of the extended battery since it looks like a new back cover is included.

Upvote 0
i was considering the extended battery but today i finally used my phone "normally' for me. not much playing just using it as a "tool" like i did my previous phones. pretty happy with the results so i don't think for me the extended is necessary.

9hrs discharging and at 56%. my normal usage is 1-2hrs on the phone, some browser and a ton of emails and a few texts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2011-12-18-18small.png
    Screenshot_2011-12-18-18small.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
How are you all getting such great battery life out of your phones? I am having the worst luck. I am seeing maybe 5hrs with a stock and maybe 6 with an extended and the sad thing is 4g, wifi, syncs are all off, screen is very low and I am still getting those results.

Have people heard of lemons with this phone? I was talking to a VZW who has the Nexus and he was getting over 7 hrs on an extended with 42% left. What am I missing? Thanks...

:mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
How are you all getting such great battery life out of your phones? I am having the worst luck. I am seeing maybe 5hrs with a stock and maybe 6 with an extended and the sad thing is 4g, wifi, syncs are all off, screen is very low and I am still getting those results.

Have people heard of lemons with this phone? I was talking to a VZW who has the Nexus and he was getting over 7 hrs on an extended with 42% left. What am I missing? Thanks...

:mad::mad::mad:

Beats me, I have done nothing special to my phone and haven't shut anything off other than bluetooth.

Upvote 0
This battery life thing confuses me then. I'm neither getting the 15ish hours some of you get, nor the 5. I'm between 6-10... if I was very low I'd think I had a lemon, but I'm not that low. Yet, I can't get to the levels many of you guys are seeing, even adjusting settings to save battery life.

Hmmm. I suppose I'll pick up the extended and see how it does. :S

Upvote 0
I have two extended batteries in addition to the stock -- yesterday in a spotty coverage area I made it about 9 hours in total but I also charged a bit during that time (was using GPS). Overall not too-too bad, but not stellar in the least. For $50 I'd pick up two extended batteries -- it adds some decent (but not unwelcome) heft to the device and even though the external charger doesn't close while charging the extended batteries it will charge them.

I'd recommend scoring one or two extended batts for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones