1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reinserting SD card destroys playlists

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mirajai, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mirajai

mirajai Lurker

Hi!

Question:
    It turns out that removing and re-inserting the microSD-card causes the standard music player to remove all microSD-stored songs from its playlists. This applies even though no files are touched.

What do you guys do about it, or what would you do? And is it a known bug/feature request?

Background / why is it a problem:
    It is insanely annoying, because I frequently need to remove the card, and every time my playlists are destroyed.

In case someone is wondering WHY I am removing the microSD-card: I do it in order to place it in my computer's memory card reader. In this way, I can better manage my music library. This is because I get direct access to the music files, which allows me to use a huge array of music and file management tools. These tools include mp3 tagging, sorting, rating, beats per minute counting, auto-rename and a ton of other stuff. Most importantly, I have been using them forever, so switching to other tools is definitely not what I want.

Also, I tried to just connect the SGS3 to my computer using a USB cable, but this turns out to give access to the music files via MTP, which is only supported by a minute number of tools (such as Windows Media Player). MTP is useless in the remaining 99% of computer programs.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews