• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

reinstall an apk for users who are already using it

Hi

How can i reinstall the existing apk file with the new updated apk
file on the mobile phone, and similarly i also want to know that if
there is an update on the apk file that i have already installed from
Android Market, do i get any message to my mobile, saying that i have
an update on my apk file which i have to reinstall on my mobile?

My requirement is that, if some mobile users have downloaded and intalled an apk and if there an update on that application apk file, whether the user who is already using it will get notified automatically, if not how do we take care of this and notify the users of that application users to update with the new apk file?

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Kiran V.

Hi

How can i reinstall the existing apk file with the new updated apk
file on the mobile phone, and similarly i also want to know that if
there is an update on the apk file that i have already installed from
Android Market, do i get any message to my mobile, saying that i have
an update on my apk file which i have to reinstall on my mobile?

My requirement is that, if some mobile users have downloaded and intalled an apk and if there an update on that application apk file, whether the user who is already using it will get notified automatically, if not how do we take care of this and notify the users of that application users to update with the new apk file?

Thanks & Regards,
Sai Kiran V.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

The way you ask your question about updates to apps ..is confusing because it is not clear if you are asking from a dev position or end user.

To see all apps that have updates ... click the market ... then press downloads (may need to click menu for this option) ... Then the phone will show all your installed apps and mark the ones that have updates ... click those and they will be updated ...

Upvote 0
sorry to confuse u, i am asking in the view of the user, for example i have kept my first version of the application at android market, and say some people have already downloaded and installed it onto their mobile phones, and then i have improved my application and submitted a second version of the same application, then i want to intimate the users who ever has downloaded and using it should get a notification saying that there is an update on that particular app, and they should reinstall it again for the new updated app, so my question here is, instead of the user going to android market and looking for the updates, is there any way that they should be intimated automatically about the update of the application, either by way of SMS or something else to intimate the user about the update in that application.

Upvote 0
sorry to confuse u, i am asking in the view of the user, for example i have kept my first version of the application at android market, and say some people have already downloaded and installed it onto their mobile phones, and then i have improved my application and submitted a second version of the same application, then i want to intimate the users who ever has downloaded and using it should get a notification saying that there is an update on that particular app, and they should reinstall it again for the new updated app, so my question here is, instead of the user going to android market and looking for the updates, is there any way that they should be intimated automatically about the update of the application, either by way of SMS or something else to intimate the user about the update in that application.

I think you can if you build a feature into your app that will check the update status in the market ....

But, I would suggest you ask your question in the dev forum on this site....

The market app regularly scans your phone apps and compares that with the market version and will give you and update notification in the notification bar of the phone.

If you make a new version of the app as a separate listing in the market ...then of course the users of the old app will not be notified ..

Upvote 0
I think you can if you build a feature into your app that will check the update status in the market ....

But, I would suggest you ask your question in the dev forum on this site....

The market app regularly scans your phone apps and compares that with the market version and will give you and update notification in the notification bar of the phone.

If you make a new version of the app as a separate listing in the market ...then of course the users of the old app will not be notified ..

Where can i find the dev forum in this site, i could not find it, where i can post my query?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones