1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Reinstall Friend Stream with Titanium Backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wkupike2000, Sep 25, 2010.

1. wkupike2000

wkupike2000 Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Sales/Marketing
    Lexington, KY
    I rooted my phone with Unrevoked last night, installed the latest Virtuous and everything is working great. Well I was messing with uninstalling some apps with Titanium Backup and didn't realize the importance of Friend Stream.

How can I reinstall Friend Stream the easiest way?

Advertisement

2. RMarkwald

RMarkwald Active Member

Sep 25, 2010
    IT Computer Systems Admin
    WI
    Hopefully you made a Nandroid backup before you started removing things...if not, backup your current settings/apps with Titanium, redownload the ROM and re-install it. Restore your Titanium backup, that's what I would do to make sure it works smoothly. Make a Nandroid backup after you install to have a good backup plan, and once you get things set to how you want it, do another Nandroid and delete the first.

wkupike2000 likes this.
  3. RMarkwald

RMarkwald Active Member

Sep 25, 2010
    IT Computer Systems Admin
    WI
    Actually, download Virtuous 3.0.1, backup with Titanium, and restore the Titanium Backup into that.

wkupike2000 likes this.
  4. wkupike2000

wkupike2000 Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Sales/Marketing
    Lexington, KY
    Thanks for the suggestions!

But I just realized that after 36 hours without it, my Facebook and Twitter apps are functioning perfectly normal. So is Friend Stream really needed other than as an app itself? I can't see that I've hurt anything without it.

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    You don't need Friend Stream, it's just a widget. I don't use twitter but I use Facebook and the app works just fine without Friend Stream.