1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reinstall of Liberty 1.5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bankswood, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

I'm running Liberty 1.5 and have no problems except I can't backup my Launcher Pro settings. I want to reinstalling my backup of Liberty 1.5. Can I just install over the running 1.5 or should I wipe data and factory reset prior to installation

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

you should be fine ,,,wiping data should not be necessary for restoring a backup
    also why dont you try reinstalling lp before you go through all that or clear its cache or data

3. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Gmen thanks. I did clear data and cache and it wiped out my present setup screens and since I had no backup I decided to restore. Doing that now

4. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Reinstalled my Liberty 1.5 Backup and now my Launcher Pro backup works fine. However this phone software always throws me a curve. When i first went with Liberty 1.5 I trid to install the infamous Droid blowing up Apple boot animation. It would never install so I forgot about it. Well the backup I just installed has it working now. Go figure!

5. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

very odd indeed,,,,i have had wierd issues like this in the past lol,,,you never know,,,as long as you got it working ,,,i would like to know why it wont restore for you on 1.5 though:thinking:

6. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

You mean LauncherPro won't restore? It does restore and backup fine now. Previously it said it was having trouble communicationg with the Sd Card. I tried other things using the sd card and they were fine so it wasn't the card so who know?

7. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

OK need to take a step back. I accidentally retored Liberty 1.0 instead of 1.5. Restored 1.5 and now my LauncherPro Plus backup and Restore will not work. Back to square one.

8. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

lol thats what i was saying ,,,doesnt make sense that backup and restore for lp wont work,,,,try restoring your 1.5 liberty then just wiping cache on lp ,,,im kind of stumped here myself:thinking:

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews