• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reinstall original firmware

Hello,

Is there a way download an original KE2 rom to restore the phone back to orignal? (after playing a bit with rooting, as it's not my phone I want to restore it. :rolleyes:) I've reinstalled the unrooted XXKG6 version, baseversion gives KE4 and I would like to reinstalled it. (so the Kies upgrades can be performed)

I can request the original versions from colleagues. (or even better, is it possible to copy it from a phone?)

Greetings,

Jan

yes, download version you want either from here : Login - www.SamFirmware.com

or from here : [ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/2/3/4, KI1/2/3/4 Download - xda-developers

ps. but whats the point of going back to KE2? its bit old... install at least KH3 which is on 2.3.4.

Thanks.

KE4 is ok too, but I want to restore it to the versions the phone was given to me. After this, I want to upgrade using Kies only. Whatever I do, I loose all usefull stuff (ie account settings, game highscores) during a major upgrade, so why not keep it original. (When I want to play, I'll invest in an Android privately)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones