• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root reinstall stock Rom

Guys need some help, my N1 has been giving me all sorts of issues so I would like to reinstall the standard Rom that the phone comes with. Where can I get this from as I could not find it on the htc site

Thanks in advance

BArt
or do this :

Just go there and grab Google OEM file (PASSIMG.zip). Put it on your SD card (root dir).
Then restart your phone into boot-loader (trackball+power button).
Once there, top power button again. It will look for passimg file as always. It will load the passimg file. Note the blue status bar at right-upper corner of your screen.
Then, it will check that file, and finally you will see "do you want to start update?"
Press Volume UP, for YES............and wait.
After phone reboots - you are done! Completely back to stock!
Then you can go to "menu-settings-about-system updates" and you should see that your phone is already downloading update 2.1-1.
That is it.

If for some reason you end up with android screen with triangle and exclamation mark, just press VOL up and Power, at the same time, you will get into recovery screen, and reboot your phone from there.

Reactions: Schwin97
Upvote 0
hi daffy

nope Ive not done anything to the phone

it still has the vanilla rom that it came with

Its been playing up a lot recently with keys not working etc so I thought the best thing would be to reinstall the stock rom, unless you have any better suggestions.

any help would be much appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones